+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for a job from outside Canada if you have PR Visa?

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am about to receive PR visa this July and already started applying for jobs through LinkedIn and Job Bank. But I am not even called for an interview. Is it because of non Canadian address in the resume? Should I wait for the application till I get to Canada and claim my PR card? Please help me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Employers are generally not that interested unless someone is already in the country given as you can understand they get so many speculative applications where they have no guarantee someone will ever turn up or when they do arrive they have found a better offer so the employer just wastes their time.

Not saying you should not keep trying as you might find that one employer who is interested in your skills and willing to take a chance. However you receiving your COPR is one thing as just in effect a piece of paper but you are not a PR until landed so to any employer you are still not necessarily a sure investment until a landed PR

Some people have come on here said that having a Canadian address or telephone number has helped to at least get that initial interview by phone or Skype but then what do you do if they ask for a face to face in a coupe of days. If you then come clean what would you as an employer do given you are not even in the country, I know what my reaction as an employer would probably be.

Kumuluswolken

Feb 14, 2019
I got to Canada with a work & holiday visa at first and got an interview while I was still in Germany.
The job was posted in a Facebook group and I contacted the job poster directly. I explained my situation, that I'll have a work permit and when I'll be arriving in Canada and then got invited to an interview.
Getting personal connections to the people posting the jobs is your best bet. I would probably even leave that as a general statement. Even when you're in Canada you increase your chances for an interview when having a personal connection to the job poster.

When you're just wildly applying through the automated paths your resume is most likely to get overlooked 100% of the time when you're outside Canada. And still is gonna get overlooked a lot of times even when you're in Canada but don't have Canadian experience yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got to Canada with a work & holiday visa at first and got an interview while I was still in Germany.
The job was posted in a Facebook group and I contacted the job poster directly. I explained my situation, that I'll have a work permit and when I'll be arriving in Canada and then got invited to an interview.
Getting personal connections to the people posting the jobs is your best bet. I would probably even leave that as a general statement. Even when you're in Canada you increase your chances for an interview when having a personal connection to the job poster.

When you're just wildly applying through the automated paths your resume is most likely to get overlooked 100% of the time when you're outside Canada. And still is gonna get overlooked a lot of times even when you're in Canada but don't have Canadian experience yet.
Are you in IT? IT jobs are the one exception because there is demand in many IT sectors for workers that can’t be found in Canada. Many of the interviews are based on skill testing and less about Canadian experience.

Simon mwaura

Mar 5, 2020
Hello I have been trying to apply for green card and jobs in Canada and so far it has never worked,I need any help from you just to know how or which way to follow.

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey guys, I managed to land an interview from a MNC in Ontario which I applied directly. They were ready to provide a work visa but the interview cancelled due to the pandemic. Also my visa processing seem to delay.

ABU ZAFAR

Oct 19, 2020
Hello,
I have got Immigrant Visa . Hope to land in Canada by next NOV/2020.
I am basically an experienced Banker having experiences more than 34 years as Bank Executive ( Asst.Vice President ) in a Commercial Bank in Bangladesh.
Now I want to have a suitable Banking job for me in Canada for survival there .
Can any one help me for that?
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,
I have got Immigrant Visa . Hope to land in Canada by next NOV/2020.
I am basically an experienced Banker having experiences more than 34 years as Bank Executive ( Asst.Vice President ) in a Commercial Bank in Bangladesh.
Now I want to have a suitable Banking job for me in Canada for survival there .
Can any one help me for that?
Thanks
It is virtually impossible to secure a job from outside of Canada and even more challenging given COVID employment rates. Employers want people to be available in the country given so many applications imply arriving soon but maybe never turn up when expected and yet a resident could have fulfilled the job.

By all means no harm in using Linkedin or indeed to look for a position