+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to appeal for temporary visitor visa refusal

aloksingh

Mar 25, 2016
Hi Friends, can you please help, i am very sad and disappointed -

I booked my confirmed return ticket from Delhi to Toronto to support my visa application and provided employment letter and approved holidays for 17 days from my employer. However, still the visa is rejected with the below reasons. I am not sure what else can i provide. If you can guide how to appeal and request to reconsider my application -

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

I booked my confirmed return ticket from Delhi to Toronto to support my visa application and provided employment letter and approved holidays for 17 days from my employer. However, still the visa is rejected with the below reasons. I am not sure what else can i provide. If you can guide how to appeal and request to reconsider my application -

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Thanks
As far as I am aware, there is no appeal mechanism. You can reapply however.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks
You can appeal to the federal court - however this is a long and very expensive process - you will need to hire a lawyer in Canada to represent you. And it's quite possible the outcome will still be the same (refusal).

You can contact the visa office to request reconsideration - however IRCC typically does not consider these requests (they have no obligation to reconsider your application).

The most realistic option is to reapply - this time providing stronger evidence of your ties to your home country, etc. If you post your full profile and what you included with your original application, we may be able to advise you how to strengthen your application. Note that it's always a bad idea to buy plane tickets before you have an approved visa in hand. Next time make sure you wait until after the visa has been approved to buy tickets.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1485&top=16 is also applicable.