+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to add newborn "Canadian child" while PR application in proces(RPRF paid)

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
hello all
i know this question has been asked before. i called CIC agent and they provide a very long list of documents to update and send to CIO sydney

this was provided by CIC agent in the email (instructions)

" To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia:
• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
• (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
• (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
• (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
• A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
• Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

We dont even have birth certificate as its in process and will take another 6 weeks or so. Please advise people who have been through similar situation.

kaosman

Aug 8, 2011
Hello,

You do not have to add your Canadian child to your PR application. My kid was born when we were half way through our application and I sent CIC an email informing them. I did not submit any extra forms. The forms that you have listed above will only be required if your child was born outside Canada.

But you will have to send them a copy of the birth certificate. When I landed they already had info that I have a Canadian child as a dependent.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
another quick question folks :D

lets assume a situation where we have not received our child's birth certificate and we receive Passport request for PR visa stamping (in that correspondence they usually ask about family composition change etc.) how do i provide proof of birth for my child? We only have temporary paper health # with handwritten child name and hospital discharge docs with child's medical results and no name only mother name with baby girl.

Also, for flagpoling can we take the child across the border(i personally dont think so) with only birth certificate (assuming by that time we'll have her passport)

please advise!

ccflames

May 15, 2016
Hi milo2015,

May I ask which number you used to contact CIC? I tried the number from CIC call centre page, but I am never able to reach a HUMAN agent...

Thanks.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
ccflames said:
Hi milo2015,

May I ask which number you used to contact CIC? I tried the number from CIC call centre page, but I am never able to reach a HUMAN agent...

Thanks.
IRCC Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100
(you have to choose 1 1 3 1 after automated message)

kaosman

Aug 8, 2011
milo2015 said:
another quick question folks :D

lets assume a situation where we have not received our child's birth certificate and we receive Passport request for PR visa stamping (in that correspondence they usually ask about family composition change etc.) how do i provide proof of birth for my child? We only have temporary paper health # with handwritten child name and hospital discharge docs with child's medical results and no name only mother name with baby girl.

Also, for flagpoling can we take the child across the border(i personally dont think so) with only birth certificate (assuming by that time we'll have her passport)

please advise!
Hello Milo,

Yes I don't think you should take your child with you when flag-poling for the exact reason you mentioned, she doesn't have a passport or any valid travel document yet. Send an email to CIC Ottawa Office about asking what alternative document you can use in place of a birth certificate. If you are in Ontario you should get your BC in 3 to 4 weeks and hopefully in time before your passport request.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
thank you kaosman

its been 3 weeks already ,hopefully we'll receive by end of current week. We had an address change recently , and that may delay if they send docs on old address.(we called multiple time service ontario to make sure its sent on new address) ...lets see

> regarding landing, although its convenient to book appointment in one of the cic offices without going to border but they usually ask many questions.
Also,i dont have job anymore (my nomination is job independent though i.e. international grad category)

What do you think?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Buclespaula said:
Hi, I have a Canadian child. Do I need to include her in my express entry application? Thanks
No, your Canadian child is not included in the app.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
kaosman said:
Hello Milo,

Yes I don't think you should take your child with you when flag-poling for the exact reason you mentioned, she doesn't have a passport or any valid travel document yet. Send an email to CIC Ottawa Office about asking what alternative document you can use in place of a birth certificate. If you are in Ontario you should get your BC in 3 to 4 weeks and hopefully in time before your passport request.
FYI

Called Canadian border agent and US border agent and they confirmed that birth certificate is fine. No need of passport for child. They also asked me this information is on their website as well.

USA
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/619/~/visiting-the-u.s.---documents-required-for-canadian-citizens-%2F-residents-%2F

Canada
http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng#children

SMH

Feb 25, 2014
FYI

Called Canadian border agent and US border agent and they confirmed that birth certificate is fine. No need of passport for child. They also asked me this information is on their website as well.

USA
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/619/~/visiting-the-u.s.---documents-required-for-canadian-citizens-/-residents-/

Canada
http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng#children
Hi Milo,

Did you receive a new PPR again after adding your Canadian kid ?