+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add child in the application after submission of PR application

Dec 23, 2016
Hi

We got ITA on 2nd November,2016 and our daughter was born on 30th Nov, 2016. While submitting our PR application today, I did not saw separate section for my daughter. ( the way we have for myself and spouse containing all the forms). Before submitting the application, we increased the count of family member by 1 and included our daughter name in the family section and also covered the same in Cover letter along with appending her passport, medicals, birth certificate & photo. Our application was submitted successfully with Payment done for both of us (& not for our daughter).

I think by this, we have informed CIC about our daughter, but don't think she becomes part of the application. I guess we need to raise a separate CSE and fill the family additional form and do 150 CAD payment separately

Please advise if this understanding is correct.

Dec 23, 2016
As usual, thanks for your quick reply Asivad Anac. And, My daughter is born in India, so yes - your assumption is correct.

I have few follow up questions. Kindly review & respond against each.

- Do I need to raise CSE first or do payment first for additional member.
- Please let me know the process to do a separate payment for additional member. (Links, process etc)
- In the CSE, apart from uploading documents of my daughter (like Passport, birth certificate, medical, photo), we also have to upload additional family information form "IMM5406E". Is this form required to be uploaded for both of us i.e myself and spouse. Don't think a separate copy has to be uploaded for my new born daughter. Kindly confirm
- And raising of CSE and payment has to be done within how much time of submitting the PR application? Is it the immediate week or later?

And finally, Happy new year, 2016 to you and everyone on this great forum..! Keep exchanging the knowledge and help fulfilling each other;s dream.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Raise a CSE.

2. Wait for instructions from IRCC.

3. Just input information about your child in that form. Everything else is covered in your application already.

4. CSE must be raised as soon as possible after changes in family circumstances. Await payment instructions from IRCC.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
I am facing an issue for my profile regarding dependent child. I received ITA in May 2018 and I selected to continue the application. We are 3 members, Myself, spouse(Indian Citizens) and child (US citizen)(2 years). When we clicked continue application option, we see 3 sections one for each member on application.
For my child, header of the section showed as below by default.
XXXXXXX: Unaccompanying, PR Child Form
And also, In the personal details section for my child, system defaultly selected "NO" for the below question
Will this person accompany XXXXX to Canada?
I am totally confused as I never specified my child as not accompanying and I also gave 3 members for total no of members in the application.
In my express entry profile it never asked details about my dependant. Only place I was able to specify is "No of accompanying members" and I made sure to give 3.

Is this usual to all applicants with children or did i miss anything in my profile?
Is there any way to make my child as accompanying from non accompanying?