How strict are they on this PR thing ?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
How much are the canadian immigration officers are strict on following the permanent residency obligation ?!

Im a federal skilled worker and i landed at august/2015 for a short visit and we moved back and hopfully would move before august/2018

I intend after august to make short visits to my home country due to obligations . Is it ok ? I untill now i lived in canada on seperate visits for a total amount of three months , which mean i only lived during the first three years after my pr card for 3 months . does this means that i only could leave canada for three months or i would get in trouble at boarder if i dont meet the 2/5 year requirments to maintain citizenship ???

The reason im asking this question is that i know 2 guys who both hold pr cards and their experience is the following :

The first one have been renewing his pr for 15 years without living in canada for more than a year in any 5 years period !!!!!! He say they always send me to secondary inspection and tell me why you are not living in canada ? He answer : My wife and children already live there and i have a home and i cant find work ! And he argues them saying there is no jobs in canada and he continues saying if you find me a job i wont leave canada ! Otherwise i have to feed my family!!!

Another friend of mine has his pr card for 5 years and his wife went on and off to canada to deliver his three children who are canadian by birth while he works in gulf!!! When i asked him how are you going to renew your permanant residency he replied confidentely i will renew based on humanetarian basis and my children are canadian and i will get it easily !! And he intend genuinly to move permanantely later on but he nevere lived more than a a couple of monhs during he first 5 years after he got his pr ??

is the 2/5 year to maintain the citizenship is real or he officers apply it losely ? I really dont want to immitate the above stories of my friends but do you thin it would be a problem if i only stay in canada for 1.5 year/5 year instead of the 2/5 years ? As i really need to visit back home every couple of months for short visits of one month duration

Thanks for your opinions and feed back

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cooldoc80 said:
How much are the canadian immigration officers are strict on following the permanent residency obligation ?!

Im a federal skilled worker and i landed at august/2015 for a short visit and we moved back and hopfully would move before august/2018

I intend after august to make short visits to my home country due to obligations . Is it ok ? I untill now i lived in canada on seperate visits for a total amount of three months , which mean i only lived during the first three years after my pr card for 3 months . does this means that i only could leave canada for three months or i would get in trouble at boarder if i dont meet the 2/5 year requirments to maintain citizenship ???

The reason im asking this question is that i know 2 guys who both hold pr cards and their experience is the following :

The first one have been renewing his pr for 15 years without living in canada for more than a year in any 5 years period !!!!!! He say they always send me to secondary inspection and tell me why you are not living in canada ? He answer : My wife and children already live there and i have a home and i cant find work ! And he argues them saying there is no jobs in canada and he continues saying if you find me a job i wont leave canada ! Otherwise i have to feed my family!!!

Another friend of mine has his pr card for 5 years and his wife went on and off to canada to deliver his three children who are canadian by birth while he works in gulf!!! When i asked him how are you going to renew your citizenship he replied confidentely i will renew based on humanetarian basis and my children are canadian and i will get it easily !! And he intend genuinly to move permanantely later on but he nevere lived more than a a couple of monhs during he first 5 years after he got his pr ??

is the 2/5 year to maintain the citizenship is real or he officers apply it losely ? I really dont want to immitate the above stories of my friends but do you thin it would be a problem if i only stay in canada for 1.5 year/5 year instead of the 2/5 years ? As i really need to visit back home every couple of months for short visits of one month duration

Thanks for your opinions and feed back
If you are not in compliance with the residency obligation requirements, each time you are "examined" for any reason by CBSA or IRCC, you are putting your PR status at risk. There is NO renewal of CITIZENSHIP... You are confusing two completely different statuses.
You should take the Residency Obligation seriously.. All you need to do is meet the wrong officer and your life could become very "intersting". The same applies to your friends. Sooner or later, they will get into difficulty.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks zardof formyour answer . I meant to renew residency not citizenship . I am really taking it seriously and because i only lived in canada for 3 months during my first three years . That is why my initial plan was to only leave canada for no more than 3 months during the 2 years that follow to maintain the 2/5 years but when i heard thos two stories i mentioned i start guessing myself !! Would it be that dangerous if i spen some extr few months !!!!

Does the officers have a way of knowing exactly how much time u spent in canada or hey go by your word ? How are rhose guys getting in and out without any problems!!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cooldoc80 said:
Thanks zardof formyour answer . I meant to renew residency not citizenship . I am really taking it seriously and because i only lived in canada for 3 months during my first three years . That is why my initial plan was to only leave canada for no more than 3 months during the 2 years that follow to maintain the 2/5 years but when i heard thos two stories i mentioned i start guessing myself !! Would it be that dangerous if i spen some extr few months !!!!

Does the officers have a way of knowing exactly how much time u spent in canada or hey go by your word ? How are rhose guys getting in and out without any problems!!!
"without any problems", YET... Don't underestimate the resources available to CBSA or IRCC with regards to travel history information. I would also point out that if reported, the onus is on the PR to prove compliance, not the other way around.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
cooldoc80 said:

You might want to read this post - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-expires-before-the-730-days-required-t118357.0.html;msg5937151#msg5937151

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thank you very much for the link , it seems that i will not risk it and play it safe but now after reading this link i'm even afraid that i may not be able to prove it to an officer that i'm still maintaining the 2/5 year rule whenever i enter and leave , as it seems to me that frequent visits to home like 4 times a month for 30 days each is also risky even if you maintain your residency in regards to the 2/5 years!!!