+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should I proof I can financially support my wife

Dec 31, 2023
I see, thank you so much for your advise, I will apply asap to try to avoid making her stop working. Will check flagpoling policies as well.

Dec 31, 2023
I think you have missed my point, which is they do not (seem to) strictly apply a test that the sponsor is able to support the other spouse. They can and do take into account if the spouse works/is likely to work.
It's great to hear that they can take that into account! Thank you! :D

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think I didn't phrase that well, in that I meant to say in response to your comment that "show that I myself have sufficient income to support her" that it's not a strict test that the sponsor alone be able to entirely support spouse and self ... at least in contexts where the spouse can/is also working.

It will still be a stronger app in this respect if you are working. Whether it's good enough / sufficient without you working, I can't say/have no idea.

Reactions: twentygoodluck

ariesliyh

Dec 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-05-2023
AOR Received.
06-07-2023
Med's Request
13-09-2023
Med's Done....
23-09-2023
I am the sponsor and I have no work because I need to take care the kids, and one kid is on the spectrum.

What I use to prove that I can support the living in Canada is to show the bank statement. Also, since PA currently is working in the own country, he is financially supporting the living for me and the kids here.

Here is the document I submitted to IRCC for proof of fund, hope can help

Proof of Funds
The sponsor is living in Canada with the 3 young kids, and since the 3.5-year-old son is diagnosed of Global Developmental Delay and Autism Spectrum Disorder. The sponsor needs to attend many lessons to help the son and take special care of him, that’s why the sponsor cannot go out to work now.

Currently the principal applicant is still working in own country and we have around CAD$ XX K savings in CIBC bank to support the daily life in Canada. Once the principal applicant is approved with the COPR, either the sponsor or the principal applicant can go out to find a job to support the livings of the family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am the sponsor and I have no work because I need to take care the kids, and one kid is on the spectrum.

What I use to prove that I can support the living in Canada is to show the bank statement. Also, since PA currently is working in the own country, he is financially supporting the living for me and the kids here.

Here is the document I submitted to IRCC for proof of fund, hope can help

Proof of Funds
The sponsor is living in Canada with the 3 young kids, and since the 3.5-year-old son is diagnosed of Global Developmental Delay and Autism Spectrum Disorder. The sponsor needs to attend many lessons to help the son and take special care of him, that’s why the sponsor cannot go out to work now.

Currently the principal applicant is still working in own country and we have around CAD$ XX K savings in CIBC bank to support the daily life in Canada. Once the principal applicant is approved with the COPR, either the sponsor or the principal applicant can go out to find a job to support the livings of the family.
Would include proof of your international family income from your last 3 tax returns. That will show that your family income has been consistent and has been able to support your family in addition to savings. Does your spouse have good command of English or French language? Do they have a job lined up for when they come to Canada? Do they require any form of licensing exam to work in their field? How long will it take to get licensed in Canada if possible? Do they work in a field where it is easy to secure employment in Canada and how much is their starting pay or average pay. IRCC will want to see that your spouse will be able to keep on providing support in Canada, have already lined up employment or has a plan for finding employment or supporting the family while getting licensed for example. You could also be planning on working while your spouse stays at home if your job opportunities are better. You could explain that also. IRCC wants to see there is a plan for how your family will continue to support themselves once your spouse leaves their current job and moves to Canada to employment in Canada and that you have a plan to be able to support your family with a single income in Canada which is extremely difficult for families in Canada with the cost of living.

Is there a reason you did not sponsor your spouse many years ago if your child in 3.5 and was born in Canada? How much savings are you showing? There is a significant difference between 10k and 99k. Most parents do not and can not stop working because their child is on the autism spectrum so that alone does not justify not working. The one exception is very severe cases of autism where the child has a lot of self-destructive and self-harm behaviour which is very difficult to manage in a group learning setting. There are situations where children are unable to stay in daycare or preschool because they are too disruptive and the risk of harm it too high. When the children enter school there are more options like special education and better staffing levels compared to daycare or preschool. How many appointments does your child have per week? Many therapies can be provided at school is that a possibility? Your child will also be starting junior kindergarten next fall which is likely full day. I believe most children receive therapy during school hours or after school hours which would allow you to return to work Part-time or full-time in August or September 2024. Are you receiving any form of government support? It doesn’t sound like you are receiving welfare but are you accessing another programs?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a reason you did not sponsor your spouse many years ago if your child in 3.5 and was born in Canada? How much savings are you showing? There is a significant difference between 10k and 99k. Most parents do not and can not stop working because their child is on the autism spectrum so that alone does not justify not working. The one exception is very severe cases of autism where the child has a lot of self-destructive and self-harm behaviour which is very difficult to manage in a group learning setting. There are situations where children are unable to stay in daycare or preschool because they are too disruptive and the risk of harm it too high. When the children enter school there are more options like special education and better staffing levels compared to daycare or preschool. How many appointments does your child have per week? Many therapies can be provided at school is that a possibility? Your child will also be starting junior kindergarten next fall which is likely full day. I believe most children receive therapy during school hours or after school hours which would allow you to return to work Part-time or full-time in August or September 2024. Are you receiving any form of government support? It doesn’t sound like you are receiving welfare but are you accessing another programs?
Perhaps they have deep pockets...