+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should I plan...my marriage

humsafaar

Oct 26, 2007
Hi,
I want to marry a girl, she lives in my back home. I am living in Canada on Permanent Resident status. I can’t visit in my back home as I have already stayed out of Canada 3 years out of 5 years. Nowadays, I am completing my days (2 yrs) for my PRC renewal.
I have two options: I am not sure which one is easy and fast for me to start my family life in Canada.

Option-1:
Her real sister in Canada on PRC. If my desired girl will come in Canada on visit visa (if her sister called her) then we get marry over here then I applied for her immigration as a family class sponsorship. If this works for me then how much time it will take for processing.

Option-2:
If I do marriage over telephone then apply for her immigration then what type of complication we can face.
Thanks in Adv.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I would suggest your Option-1.

If you marry in Canada:

You must have a marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage take place for applying for sponsorship.

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Hi,
Dude, I would also suggest option 1

With option 2 you would not have much evidences of your relationship also with ambiguities and confusions for visa officer and there is also possible chance of rejection with reason "Ingenuine Marriage" (One of the most frequent reason of sponsorship rejections).

Good luck

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
option 1... take lots of photos... make sure to keep all records of everything for proof...

Option 1 sounds like there is way too much room for questioning...

plus... we all know that when you love someone bottom line it doesnt matter how you get married but give you lovely lady a little something nice.... all us women would like a little somthing speical for our wedding!

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
"telephone" marriage, well stick to option 1
and also if u apply for in-Land processing, then u are looking at 6 - 18 months finsih. if u apply outland which i dont think u will do,, , time line wil deoend on your visa office or country whre yr wife is from..

option one is good...

humsafaar

Oct 26, 2007
Thanks to all, for their time.

Option-I: if I consider this....option. THEN....after marriage I can apply for her in-land processing. From Marriage----(duration)----to get her PRC what will be her status in Canada. Since Visit Visa will be expire after Six months.
Is she can live with me? on what status..?
Is she entitle for Medical, (since I am Optimist), what if we received baby gift from God during her processing time. She can avail medical facility (I am living in Alberta)?

TIA

Jan 21, 2010
option 1 can take a long time esp after the case has been transferred to the local CIC office .. ive been waiting for 3 yrs now and so many other ppl i know .. inland takes forever
but atleast u';ll be with your wife

opt 2 would be better if you can prove thats it genuine . i dont think it should be a problem most likely she'll be here landed within few months to a year

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
option 1 ofcourse.
who would want to marry through a phone...not any woman i bet!

inland doesnt take forever. if u organize ur application perfectly with all documents and evidence, and send everything at once u can get lucky and process could be fast. my friends applied inland and they were done in 8 months. just dont lie in a forms, be sincere.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
humsafaar said:
Option-I: if I consider this....option. THEN....after marriage I can apply for her in-land processing. From Marriage----(duration)----to get her PRC what will be her status in Canada. Since Visit Visa will be expire after Six months.
Is she can live with me? on what status..?
Her status is a vistor only. She will be expected to have a return ticket and ties or responsibilities to go back to. She may be able to get extensions to her visitor visa during inland processing. The general policy is that it does no good to deny extensions, so long as Immigration is confident that she will leave at the end of the visit or after the PR application is refused. Even during outland processing, extensions are possible, but less assured.

Is she entitle for Medical, (since I am Optimist), what if we received baby gift from God during her processing time. She can avail medical facility (I am living in Alberta)?

She may be eligible. You'll have to phone them to fnd out. See http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/Q-moving.html under "Moving to and from Canada." I know that in Quebec there is a 3month waiting period for unless you are pregnant and then the waiting period does not apply. I'm not sure in Alberta if there might be coverage under a visitor visa if permanent residency is applied for. Possibly not.