+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How risky it is for my application to be refused based on my immigration history??

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I would like to summary my situation and wondering how risky it is to summit a spouse application right now:
I came to Canada in 2012 as a student and didnt complete my study.
I had a common law sponsorship application in 2016
Me and my common law partner broke up after 4 years of dating and he canceled the application on July2018
After that I applied for H and C ground.
Me and my current boyfriend met on March 2019.
On August 2019, I had the answer from IRCC, my H and C was refused.
I left the country on Sept 25, 2019.
I applied for a SDS student visa and got refused again( I have LOA and Ielts 6.5)

Me and my boyfriend are considering to get marries because it seems like that is the only way for us to be together. He has work in Canada and I cant come back.

We planned to stay together while I am in school but my study permit got refused.

What kind of risk we would face because we only date each other for almost a year and I had so many refused applications in the past. Our relationship is legit, we have family and friends that can be our witnesses, but at the same time we do feel like it looks a little but too fast for IRCC to believe that we are. We cant just do not thing but we dont know where to start.

You can ask me for me detailed information if you like.

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I would like to summary my situation and wondering how risky it is to summit a spouse application right now:
I came to Canada in 2012 as a student and didnt complete my study.
I had a common law sponsorship application in 2016
Me and my common law partner broke up after 4 years of dating and he canceled the application on July2018
After that I applied for H and C ground.
Me and my current boyfriend met on March 2019.
On August 2019, I had the answer from IRCC, my H and C was refused.
I left the country on Sept 25, 2019.
I applied for a SDS student visa and got refused again( I have LOA and Ielts 6.5)

Me and my boyfriend are considering to get marries because it seems like that is the only way for us to be together. He has work in Canada and I cant come back.

We planned to stay together while I am in school but my study permit got refused.

What kind of risk we would face because we only date each other for almost a year and I had so many refused applications in the past. Our relationship is legit, we have family and friends that can be our witnesses, but at the same time we do feel like it looks a little but too fast for IRCC to believe that we are. We cant just do not thing but we dont know where to start.

You can ask me for me detailed information if you like.

Thank you,
You will need to provide very strong evidence with the application that your relationship is genuine and you are not marrying your boyfriend for the purpose of gaining immigration status in Canada. I'm assuming your boyfriend is either a Canadian citizen or PR.

The fact you failed to complete your studies, had a cancelled common law application and then a failed H&C application (and then the failed study permit application) will almost certainly cause IRCC to examine your spousal sponsorship application much more closely. This makes it look like you are desperate to be in Canada. It's quite likely you'll need to attend a relationship interview as part of your application to prove your relationship is genuine.

Reactions: Belarusian

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
You will need to provide very strong evidence with the application that your relationship is genuine and you are not marrying your boyfriend for the purpose of gaining immigration status in Canada. I'm assuming your boyfriend is either a Canadian citizen or PR.

The fact you failed to complete your studies, had a cancelled common law application and then a failed H&C application (and then the failed study permit application) will almost certainly cause IRCC to examine your spousal sponsorship application much more closely. This makes it look like you are desperate to be in Canada. It's quite likely you'll need to attend a relationship interview as part of your application to prove your relationship is genuine.
Yes. My boyfriend is Canadian. When he knows that I have to move back, he traveled with me and helped me to settle down in Vietnam. I am just confused, yes we would not get married right now if I can come back to Canada as a student. Maybe a couple more years when I finish my degree and have a stable job. But marriage seemed to be our only option to be together. Would it still consider marriage to obtain a status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. My boyfriend is Canadian. When he knows that I have to move back, he traveled with me and helped me to settle down in Vietnam. I am just confused, yes we would not get married right now if I can come back to Canada as a student. Maybe a couple more years when I finish my degree and have a stable job. But marriage seemed to be our only option to be together. Would it still consider marriage to obtain a status?
There is zero chance a study permit is going to be approved with a failed H&C application.

The only option you have is to get married and for him to sponsor you for PR. Expect the sponsorship process to take over a year and you will not be able to come to Canada while the application is in progress.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
With the refused H&C app, you have essentially burned your bridges to come to Canada as a temporary resident. You will not be approved for a study permit.

The timing of the relationship is suspicious, so as scylla said, there will be a high level of scrutiny. The best way to strengthen the app would be for your partner to come live with you.