+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How realistic is LMIA?

dbliss93

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I'm asking in regards to any route... whether the standard LMIA for job offer or for Owner/Operator...

How realistic is it? I heard that the process is strenuous...

Thank you! :)

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
It's realistic as other people have qualified for and received them, if that's what your question is?

It completely depends on your personal background and situation - it's not anything you can base off of statistics.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
the main criteria is whether the job could be done by somebody looking for a job in Canada. If the answer to that is yes then realistically the chances of getting a positive LMIA (especially at the moment) are pretty low. If the employer can show that they have advertised the job fully and considered the applicants but none were suitable (and they can prove why they were not suitable), then they chances of getting a positive LMIA are high.

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
Hi, if my work permit is filled under LMIA exemption by my employer, are work permits being processed positively for such applications? TIA

manvityagi007

May 12, 2021
Hi, if my work permit is filled under LMIA exemption by my employer, are work permits being processed positively for such applications? TIA
unless the applicant falls under highly skilled worker, the applications are being straight away rejected. One has to be highly skilled and should be able to prove that the work done by that person cannot be done by others hence he should get the LMIA exemption. Also, in the current scenario, the scrutiny is very tight and the rejection rate is high for such applications. Better not to rely on LMIA exempt criteria.