+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How purchase GIC in UAE

UTOPIA123

Feb 27, 2020
Hi everyone, i need help regarding on how to purchase GIC here in UAE, I am a Filipino who is currently residing here in UAE, and wants to open an acct in GIC, to re-apply my student permit was that was refused last month. Pls help... God bless!

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
@UTOPIA123 have you figured out how to purchase GIC from UAE? I am also trying to find out how.

aayushkamboj

Sep 13, 2020
I recently did my GIC from UAE using CIBC
go to scotia or cibc and then fill out their form in the gic portal and there you will have to provide your bank details ( make sure that bank acc address matches with passport address when it comes to scotia, no such requriement in cibc)
fill the form and then a converted amount will be shown in your application.
transfer that EXACT amount from the bank you regustered in your application and preferably mail them a copy of transaction ( send it via your cibc portal)
hopefully if things are correct, you will get gic in 2-3 days for cibc and
https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/

mhdcanada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
I recently did my GIC from UAE using CIBC
go to scotia or cibc and then fill out their form in the gic portal and there you will have to provide your bank details ( make sure that bank acc address matches with passport address when it comes to scotia, no such requriement in cibc)
fill the form and then a converted amount will be shown in your application.
transfer that EXACT amount from the bank you regustered in your application and preferably mail them a copy of transaction ( send it via your cibc portal)
hopefully if things are correct, you will get gic in 2-3 days for cibc and
https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/
Hi Aayush,
I checked on CIBC website but when selecting a country it is not showing UAE? Could you please help me?

mhdcanada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
But being a UAE resident I cant choose to apply under SDS. Were u a UAE resident when u apply?
Another question, did you use UAE bank account or Indian bank account while paying for GIC?
I'm stuck and confused.
Please help me with the answer, I would be very grateful to you.

aayushkamboj

Sep 13, 2020
But being a UAE resident I cant choose to apply under SDS. Were u a UAE resident when u apply?
Another question, did you use UAE bank account or Indian bank account while paying for GIC?
I'm stuck and confused.
Please help me with the answer, I would be very grateful to you.
I dont think so UAE resident can apply for SDS ( check this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/direct-stream.html)

The process requires you to send money from an account that is in the country you selected

mhdcanada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
I dont think so UAE resident can apply for SDS ( check this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/direct-stream.html)

The process requires you to send money from an account that is in the country you selected
Dear Ayush,

I know I cant apply through SDS. I'm applying through regular study program (because I'm a UAE resident) but still I need GIC account (For faster process and increase my chances of getting a study permit). You have mentioned that you were able to create GIC account in UAE, that gave me an impression that there is a possibility to create GIC account in UAE using UAE bank.
Doesn't matter wherever you are residing if you are paying using the bank account of any SDS country, you can create GIC account easily.
My question is: Can I get the GIC account from UAE? (As a UAE resident, paying via UAE bank)?
Please help if you know the solution.

leico23

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone, i need help regarding on how to purchase GIC here in UAE, I am a Filipino who is currently residing here in UAE, and wants to open an acct in GIC, to re-apply my student permit was that was refused last month. Pls help... God bless!
Hi! Did you manage to find out how to get a GIC from UAE? I also need to apply for one but still figuring out how can I transfer the money considering I don't have an account in the Philippines. Also and OFW here. Not sure if they are accepting money transfer through money exchange.

April0612

Jun 7, 2021
Hi! Did you manage to find out how to get a GIC from UAE? I also need to apply for one but still figuring out how can I transfer the money considering I don't have an account in the Philippines. Also and OFW here. Not sure if they are accepting money transfer through money exchange.
Hi kabayan, we are on the same boat. I need to get GIC for my study permit. I am here in Abu dhabi. I am planning to use mg CBD bank to transfer the money soon. I also don't have account in the Phil. What to do?

Dec 16, 2023
Hello kabayan, Currently working here in UAE, I also need to purchase GIC and pay using my UAE bank account. does anyone have an update on how to proceed?