+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How old Transcript i can submit to WES for ECA ?

NavneetKahlon

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Jigs.
Did you finally submit your old transcripts to WES. I am also in the same boat and my transcripts are almost 8 years old. Do I need to get new one and is the award confirmation form mandatory or should I just take a chance?

Apr 9, 2013
Hi Jigs.
Did you finally submit your old transcripts to WES. I am also in the same boat and my transcripts are almost 8 years old. Do I need to get new one and is the award confirmation form mandatory or should I just take a chance?
Hi..i am also in the same situation. Mine is 5 years old. Also the university had mentioned the date( july 2013) in the transcript with the seal n signature. Is it enough to get verified by the controller and placed in the sealed envelope. The first transcript which i got in 2013 took 3 months. Pls reply.

Apr 9, 2013
Hello,

I graduated 2 years ago and i already got 4-5 copies of transcript soon after my graduation. Now i want to get my ECA done at WES and i'm not sure if i can use the same 2 years old transcript to get my ECA done. So can someone please provide information if i can use the same transcript or not ?

Thanks!!
Hi jigs. Finally did u manage to get ur ECA done with ur old transcript. Pls reply I am also in the same boat. I have send many mails to WES but no proper reply ftom them.

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
W
You can use your 2 year old transcripts if the university has given them in a envelope with seal in the flap that you can stick. I know many universities in India give transcripts like that.

I used my 1.5 year old transcripts, and I had no issues with that. Age of the transcript is immaterial.
Was looking for the same.
Thanks.

@kanchinadhamsantosh after looking at this, I think we can use our transcripts.

Prie

Jan 14, 2019
New rule from Dec 1 2018 says, that transcript needs to be sent directly by University/institution to WES (if WES reference number was issued on or after December 1, 2018). Any body faced an issue with the university complying by this rule of WES. Mine is Pune university and no idea what their response will be if I ask them to do this.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You can use your 2 year old transcripts if the university has given them in a envelope with seal in the flap that you can stick. I know many universities in India give transcripts like that.

I used my 1.5 year old transcripts, and I had no issues with that. Age of the transcript is immaterial.
Hi DEEPCUR,
I need some help with this. I have sealed transcript from DU issued in Oct 2020. As I was moving to Canada so I got the transcripts beforehand. Now I want to send it for WES for further studies.

Can I send my transcript for WES or should I try to get a new one(which is again a problem being in Canada)?
As you did 4 years back I am not sure that WES is still entertaining this process.

Do you know anyone who has done that?

Any help from anyone else is also appreciated.

Thank you

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,
1.if the transcripts were issued by university in a sealed envelope (with seal across the back flap) you can send the same...idea is that WES should receive the transcripts not tampered by the candidate...so,if the sealed envelope issued by university containing the transcripts doesn't appear to be opened it should be fine.
2.There's WES academic records request form downloadable from WES website...you will have to fill in few details and the university the balance portion...that also is supposed to be inside the envelope. However I've read in the forum someone mentioning without WES ARF ,his ECA got done.
3.Degree Certificate copy need to be sent alongwith the sealed envelope...so both the sealed envelope & degree certificate copy can be together put in an envelope and sent to WES
4.Ensure you write the WES reference number on the envelope..you will get the reference number once you make the payment of the fees at the website.
So,if you want to take a chance with not including you WES ARF,you just need to take a copy of ur degree certificate & put it alongwith the transcripts and send to WES a quoting reference number.
---
but I'd suggest, getting it with WES ARF too,if getting Transcript from ur University isn't so time taking... because it took WES 8 days to acknowledge the receipt of my courier (after courier delivered it) ...then it was 'document under review' for 6-7 days...then only status changed to 'evaluation under process'...so,even if they reject it for lack of WES ARF you'll come to know after 20days only (counting the courier time)...and you'll have to go through it again...
So a 7-8 months old transcript would be equally good WES Canada.