Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find the relevant thread.

I plan to submit my application on March 24 after I get my last police certificate. My proof of funds letter was printed on Feb 1 along with 6 months bank statement. My Work experience letter is also dated Feb 1. So these two documents will be almost two months old at submission time. Is that an issue?

I know that your Police Certificate for your current country of residence should not be older than 6 months but what about these other letters?

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
245east84 said:
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find the relevant thread.

I plan to submit my application on March 24 after I get my last police certificate. My proof of funds letter was printed on Feb 1 along with 6 months bank statement. My Work experience letter is also dated Feb 1. So these two documents will be almost two months old at submission time. Is that an issue?

I know that your Police Certificate for your current country of residence should not be older than 6 months but what about these other letters?
As a rule of thumb, the work experience letter should not be older than 6 months and bank letter not older than 2-3 weeks when you submit your application.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
As a rule of thumb, the work experience letter should not be older than 6 months and bank letter not older than 2-3 weeks when you submit your application.
Does this mean that you have to collect your work experience reference letter near your ITA date? What if you asked for the letter a year before? Because technically, work experience from previous company doesn't change. Unlike the police and criminal records that might change.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
pacificislander said:
Does this mean that you have to collect your work experience reference letter near your ITA date? What if you asked for the letter a year before? Because technically, work experience from previous company doesn't change. Unlike the police and criminal records that might change.
For previous employers, the letter obtained after you have left is good enough, unless and until you want to get a fresh letter or want to get the letter updated. For current employer as a rule of the thumb, get a fresh letter if the previous one which you got is older than 6 months.