+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How old can the police certificate be for a country you lived before?

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am concerned about -
For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

UK is not the country i currently reside in.
So, I have a police clearance certificate that I got in April,2014 and had left UK in Feb,2014. Can i still use it now even though its 1 yr 4 months old ?

Basically want to confirm that for a foreign country the police certificate doesn't have a validity period ? It just needs to be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The certificate is only for me. And I want to know if i need to get a new police certificate from UK or i can use the old one (1yr 4months old) ?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
nokia3315 said:
The certificate is only for me. And I want to know if i need to get a new police certificate from UK or i can use the old one (1yr 4months old) ?
you can use the old one provided it was issued after the last time you visited uk and you never again entered uk