+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How officer validates documents

bruce1

Aug 6, 2011
Hello there,
An individual contacted me and said, he has applied online for a visitor visa from Iran. Couple of weeks after he gave his biometrics he has received a letter from the officer who is reviewing his application aying, the officer concerns that applicant's bank statement is fraudulent and give him 30 days to reply. If the officer didn't get a reply the applicant will be inadmissible to Canada for 5 year for misrepresentation. My question is how an officer could find out if a bank statement is fraudulent. Do they call banks? even if they do, banks won't disclose any personal information over the phone.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello there,
An individual contacted me and said, he has applied online for a visitor visa from Iran. Couple of weeks after he gave his biometrics he has received a letter from the officer who is reviewing his application aying, the officer concerns that applicant's bank statement is fraudulent and give him 30 days to reply. If the officer didn't get a reply the applicant will be inadmissible to Canada for 5 year for misrepresentation. My question is how an officer could find out if a bank statement is fraudulent. Do they call banks? even if they do, banks won't disclose any personal information over the phone.
They have their ways of finding out. They obviously don't publish them.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello there,
Banks will not be disclosing any personal information by simply stating that a document is fraudulent.

Reactions: Legend6892