+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how my status... please help T_T

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
I submitted PR through family sponsorship as my husband is Canadian citizenship by this January 27, 2017 by inland application. My visitor visa is valid for 6 months, which ended on Feb 12, 2017. And I never extend it because my husband said once I applying for PR my status will be implied (he said he read it at cic or something). I am worry now because my status is not legal to think about it, and it is already passed 90 days... and I also didn't apply for Open work permit... what should i do? am i really imply?

and just last week cic requested my medical test ; and my PR application status actually state that already receive since January

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
I submitted PR through family sponsorship as my husband is Canadian citizenship by this January 27, 2017 by inland application. My visitor visa is valid for 6 months, which ended on Feb 12, 2017. And I never extend it because my husband said once I applying for PR my status will be implied (he said he read it at cic or something). I am worry now because my status is not legal to think about it, and it is already passed 90 days... and I also didn't apply for Open work permit... what should i do? am i really imply?

and just last week cic requested my medical test ; and my PR application status actually state that already receive since January
Unfortunately, you have made a mistake. You must include the OWP application in order to obtain implied status. You are now without status :(

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
Unfortunately, you have made a mistake. You must include the OWP application in order to obtain implied status. You are now without status :(

I don't plan to work because I don't want to work tho that's why I don't apply for OWP ; and my husband won't let me have that OWP also because he said it's complicated

is it too late? and what should I do?

C

Classic Chucks

I don't plan to work because I don't want to work tho that's why I don't apply for OWP ; and my husband won't let me have that OWP also because he said it's complicated

Then you should have extended your visitor visa.
An inland applicant must maintain a legal status while waiting for the PR application. The application itself doesn't grant any status.
______
"Temporary residents: Inland applications for permanent residence and temporary resident status extension
In situations where an applicant who has visitor status submits an application for permanent residence to a case processing centre in Canada and, at the same time, submits an application for a work permit [pursuant to paragraph R207(b)], the visitor may be considered to have requested an extension of their temporary resident status [in accordance with subsection R183(5)]. They are considered to have implied status as a visitor, until a decision is made on their work permit application.

When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're out of status in Canada and it's unfortunately too late to restore your status since you're more than 90 days past the expiry of your visitor visa. You should have included an OWP with your inland application package - that would have given you status in Canada while your application was being processed (the OWP application process is extremely straight forward - not complicated at all). At this point there's nothing much you can do but remain in Canada without legal status and wait for your application to be processed.

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017

Lay low and don't get in trouble with the law, then you have a good chance of not getting deported.
You can't apply for a work or study permit anymore and you can't leave the country without risking your application.

Last edited:

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
Then you should have extended your visitor visa.
An inland applicant must maintain a legal status while waiting for the PR application. The application itself doesn't grant any status.
______
"Temporary residents: Inland applications for permanent residence and temporary resident status extension
In situations where an applicant who has visitor status submits an application for permanent residence to a case processing centre in Canada and, at the same time, submits an application for a work permit [pursuant to paragraph R207(b)], the visitor may be considered to have requested an extension of their temporary resident status [in accordance with subsection R183(5)]. They are considered to have implied status as a visitor, until a decision is made on their work permit application.

When no application for a work or study permit is received with the application for permanent residence, the applicant is obliged to apply to extend their visitor status."

Thank you, I read that all already, and I think I am too late to apply the visitor visa extended because it's been more than 90 days... I know I should not listen to my husband about that, I already been worrying since first time ...

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
You're out of status in Canada and it's unfortunately too late to restore your status since you're more than 90 days past the expiry of your visitor visa. You should have included an OWP with your inland application package - that would have given you status in Canada while your application was being processed (the OWP application process is extremely straight forward - not complicated at all). At this point there's nothing much you can do but remain in Canada without legal status and wait for your application to be processed.
when I applied for my PR ; my husband seems know everything ; I told him I should have a legal status, but he said I am imply once my application is in ... he said he read it ; I know I should not listen to him... *I am crying now T_T
is this will affect my application? because last week they just asked for my medical report to submit within 30 days

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
Lay low and don't get in trouble with the law, then you have a good chance of not getting deported.
You can't apply for a work or study permit anymore and you can't leave the country.
I am a very normal person, and I don't cause any problem, and I never did any illegal stuffs in my life wherever I stay, and I never also stay at another country without a status until now I realize it... T___T

do you think this will affect my application? because last week they email to ask for my medical report ...

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
I am a very normal person, and I don't cause any problem, and I never did any illegal stuffs in my life wherever I stay, and I never also stay at another country without a status until now I realize it... T___T

do you think this will affect my application? because last week they email to ask for my medical report ...
You don't have to steal or murder to run into issues.
If you drive a car and get stopped by police for whatever reason they can and sometimes do report immigration violations to CBSA if they check your ID. If you happen to be at a noisy party with an uncooperative host. If you are in a park with people enjoying a beer around you (illegally). Etc, any situation where police can run your ID.
Doesn't hurt be careful.

Last edited:

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Yes it will even if you stay low and live illegally in Canada

You are considered inland applicants and you will need to maintain your status until you are approved and landed. If you don't have proof of legal status, they can invalidate PR visa. If they find out you have stayed illegally, they have right to refuse entry and banned from enter in 1 year (condition removal order)

You will need to leave Canada and let your visa office (most likely CIO-Sydney) know that you have left. They will transfer your file to a outland VO and continue the process there

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
If you drive a car and get stopped by police for whatever reason they can and sometimes do report immigration violations to CIC if they check your ID. Just saying - be careful.
no, I don't intend to drive the car until I have a legal status also, because I know that's illegal to do.
I am so so so so stressful now.. I don't know what should I do...

and just need to know also, do you think this will affect my application? because last week they email to ask for my medical report ...

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
You have 30 days to do your medical. Do you have an appt with panel physician?

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
Yes it will even if you stay low and live illegally in Canada

You are considered inland applicants and you will need to maintain your status until you are approved and landed. If you don't have proof of legal status, they can invalidate PR visa. If they find out you have stayed illegally, they have right to refuse entry and banned from enter in 1 year (condition removal order)

You will need to leave Canada and let your visa office (most likely CIO-Sydney) know that you have left. They will transfer your file to a outland VO and continue the process there

So now, I will have to leave Canada, and to let my visa office to know it is by call or email or how?
I really so stress about it...

santysoo

Sep 27, 2015
If you drive a car and get stopped by police for whatever reason they can and sometimes do report immigration violations to CBSA if they check your ID. If you happen to be at a noisy party with an uncooperative host. If you are in a park with people enjoying a beer around you (illegally). Etc, any situation where police can run your ID.
Doesn't hurt be careful.

Thank you so much for the advise... I will be very careful

I really don't know what should i do now. Should I just leave and move my application outland? and how to even do that... T_T

and just need to know also, do you think this will affect my application? because last week they email to ask for my medical report ...