+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much work permit will i get??

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi,

I got admission in conestoga college in Post Graduate course named as Information Technology Business Analysis. It will start in sep 2016 and ends in Dec 2017. As per offer letter it states that it is 2 year Full Time Program and will be having 16 months of study. But the semesters runs consecutively without a break.

So, will you please tell me how much work permit will I get. 3 years or upto the course length (16 months)

Please help.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only CIC can tell you but your actual study is 16 months then guess could be 16 months PGWP. Not sure how a college can say a course is 2 years when falls 8 months short. All you can do is provide documentation with you application and see what comes back best case 3 years worst case 16 months. Graduation date could also play a part but this is problem for end 2017 unless you are taking the course because of the PGWP as opposed to enhancing your skills and employability. Suggest you clarify the actual course duration with the college and anyway Dec 2017 is a long way away and rules can change between now and then.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
kunaldude said:
Hi,

I got admission in conestoga college in Post Graduate course named as Information Technology Business Analysis. It will start in sep 2016 and ends in Dec 2017. As per offer letter it states that it is 2 year Full Time Program and will be having 16 months of study. But the semesters runs consecutively without a break.

So, will you please tell me how much work permit will I get. 3 years or upto the course length (16 months)

Please help.

Thanks
You will get a 3 year permit. Even though you do your course for 16 months, Its considered as 2 year program. You will get 3 year permit. Happened same with me. Good luck

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi nmeka

Which course you had opted and it is same as mine. Like 16 months continous study?? It will be good if you please confirm thsi to me.

Thank you so much for your reply and it will be very helpful. I was very tensed about this thing so its final that i will get 3 years work permit.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
End of day only CIC can decide if you get a 3 year PGWP nothing is guaranteed , even getting a study permit is not guaranteed if the course is not shown to be relevant to you current qualifications or experience so for example simply selected as it may qualify for a 3 year PGWp.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
I have done Btech in IT and having 4 years experience as Software Tester . Now going for Information Technology Business Analysis course. So, it seems to be relevant in every aspect. Please give your opinions.

Thanks

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Hi,

This course ends in April last as in my offer letter. this is a 2 year program so 3 years of pgwp will be granted.

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
No I am also planning to join in sept 2016 intake hopefully. Check your offer letter again for the end date of classes, it will be April 29.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Its starting date is sep 2016 and ends date is dec 2017. Its continous 16 months program . That's why i am worried about PGWP. Although in offer letter it is clearly mentioned that it is full time 2 year program.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
kunaldude said:
Hi nmeka

Which course you had opted and it is same as mine. Like 16 months continous study?? It will be good if you please confirm thsi to me.

Thank you so much for your reply and it will be very helpful. I was very tensed about this thing so its final that i will get 3 years work permit.

Thanks
Typically each semester lasts for only 4 months so your course will be 4 sem and it comes to 16 months total. But considered as 2 year course. But as the other person said , Nothing is guaranteed, Finish all your courses on time and you shouldnt have any problem.. Good luck, Feel free to ask me if you need anything else.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi nmeka,

Thank you so much for your reply and yes I will be looking forward to it.

Keep in contact.

Tk Cr

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Hey Kunal
Can u pls give me a detail about ur admission process lyk
ur IELTS?
Grad ?
Did you do WES of our certificates?
how many times did they take to complete your process?

Thx
Adnan

priyal

May 4, 2016
Hi,

My name is Priyal Vaswani and I am from India.
I am planning on applying to Seneca college for Marketing Management program which is an 8 months program.

Just wanted to inquire, if I will be eligible for 1 year work permit against 8 moths study program?

Request you to kindly help me out on my query, as your inputs can help me take a correct decision.

Thanks!!