+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time it would take to hear back from CIC either for Oath Letter (or) RQ

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi

I completed the test/interview on 05/Nov/2015 in CALGARY .

1 ) How much time it would take to hear back from CIC either for Oath Letter (or) RQ Calgary.

2) My whole family planning to go India to see my mother . Is it better to travel in NOV,2015 or APRIL, 2016 (because anytime we get the Oath letter either in this year (or) next year).

3) After how much time it would take to get the passport in hand in Calgary

Pls let me know

Mubeen

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) oath 2-4 months (approximately, February 2016), RQ - up to 1-2 months from the date of test
2) you can call CIC and notify them about your travel, so there won't be any surprise for you at the travel time. IMHO, the chance you'll be invited this month, isn't realistic.
3) if urgent pick-up +110 $ = by the end of the next business day

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.
If your status change to decision made than from their you can expect 4-6 weeks.

hope that your status will change soooooooooooooooooon.

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi Janoo

Thanks alot for your valuable reply.

So after completion of test/interview in calgary, how much time it would take to change the status from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE in CIC Site for Calgary location .

Thanks

Mubeen

LovingMum

Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I took the test last Nov 5, 2015. 2 days after my status is Decision Made already.
Calgary applicant.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LovingMum said:
Hi,

I took the test last Nov 5, 2015. 2 days after my status is Decision Made already.
Calgary applicant.
I've been waiting over 4 months and a half now :)

janoo

May 16, 2014
depend on time line test to decision made will not take more than 8 weeks

depend on when they call you for test, if they call you for test urgent before

security clearance than they will run the security check which take 6-8 weeks

than they will take a decision...

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
mubeen241615 said:
Hi Janoo

So after completion of test/interview in calgary, how much time it would take to change the status from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE in CIC Site for Calgary location .

Thanks

Mubeen
I can't say specifically for the Calgary location, but overall, it seems to take anywhere from a couple of days to 2-3 months. If it's been longer than that, you can try calling CIC or requesting an ATIP for more information.

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi LovingMum

Congratulation .

On the Test/Interview Day, how CIC officer closed your interview conversation like you will get oat letter in 2-3 months (OR) congratulation you cleared the interview ?

Please let me know your interview conversation closing words because for me she told that you will hear in 3 months (now im confused whether it is successfully finished or not )

Regards
Mubeen

LovingMum

Jul 14, 2015
mubeen241615 said:
Hi LovingMum

Congratulation .

On the Test/Interview Day, how CIC officer closed your interview conversation like you will get oat letter in 2-3 months (OR) congratulation you cleared the interview ?

Please let me know your interview conversation closing words because for me she told that you will hear in 3 months (now im confused whether it is successfully finished or not )

Hi,

Did you try to check you application today if what is your status?

Yeah, she told me that Oath should come 1-3 months. Im thinking that everything is Ok and will just wait for the Oath date?
Am I right or am I right?? :p

LM

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi Loving Mum

yes i checked the status in CIC, still it is showing 'IN PROCESS' .

i did one mistake in the residence calculator. I forgot to mention one trip to India in 2012 in the residence calculator and officer asked about that one . I totally forgot how can i forgot about that trip.

Basically I mentioned that I'm in the country for 1120 days but missed the days of Feb/March 2012 days (24) India Trip. So officer asked me about the trip, i told approximately from
Feb End - 19th March,2012 then the officer calculator and wrote the in red color in residence calculator that I'm physical available for 1098 days . She told me that i will hear in three months .

Once i reach home, i checked the passport and found that I was away from canada for 24 days in Feb/March 2012 .

Now i'm confusing whether i will get the oath letter (or) RQ for more investigation

Thanks
Mubeen

LovingMum

Jul 14, 2015
Mubeen,,

Oh OK..

Now I dont know about that, if you will get the oath of due for more investigation. Because in my case, I did not have that kind of situation.
We just have to wait then..
Good Luck

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
At this point in time you need to sit tight and focus on other areas of your life. When they do your final review if they feel it is not conclusive they will likely send the mini RQ CIT0520 form, it could very well also be that the final review is satisfactory and you get invited for OATH, no one can say what will happen so relax and keep an eye on your snail mailbox or check ECAS on occasion to see if your status changes to DM.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
mubeen241615 said:
Hi Janoo

Thanks

Mubeen
I took my test on Sep17, DM on October8 and ecase updated for oath on NOv13, oath ceremony on Dec4. This is from Calgary office