+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time it takes to get PR Card for new immigrant?

micki

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenkirin said:
Once you have landed and passed immigration procedure. A couple weeks or a month later, your ECAS status should be changed to "Complete".

E.g. I landed on 4th May and my ECAS status was changed to complete on 16th June.
My status is still locked at "decision made" even 2 months after landing.. Should I be concerned or ecas is just not being updated?

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-pr-card-after-landing-add-your-case-here-t162351.3900.html

ary

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
01-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
22-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Interview........
waived-off !!!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2015
LANDED..........
06-07-2015
kenkirin said:
Once you have landed and passed immigration procedure. A couple weeks or a month later, your ECAS status should be changed to "Complete".

E.g. I landed on 4th May and my ECAS status was changed to complete on 16th June.
Thanks for your reply..... my status got changed in 3 days post landing

nihaocanada8

Jul 19, 2015
Hello. I plan to do landing in the 1st week of Sept to activate the PR and then return to my home country. I will move permanently next year. my question is if I give my friend's address for the PR card does it mean that I would need to file the income tax this year even if I am not in canada ? because for income tax purpose I am a resident as I have given my friend's address. If it is true then I would rather not collect the PR card till I move over permanently. appreciate your views on this. Thanks

kenkirin

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
04-05-2015
micki said:
My status is still locked at "decision made" even 2 months after landing.. Should I be concerned or ecas is just not being updated?
Mind if I ask where and when did you land? The current processing times to get a PR card is 84 days, once you get your PR card and even though your ECAS has not been updated, you have nothing to be worried about as ECAS is well known for not being updated or very late updated according to my experience from reading in other forums.

Since you have already landed, you may want to join us this forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-pr-card-after-landing-add-your-case-here-t162351.3600.html so you can expect when you could get your PR card.

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
RYIT said:
There is no rule for a minimum number of days which you have to stay in Canada before you travel to your country. If you are not from a visa exempt country then yes you must wait for your PR card before you travel out of Canada via a commercial airline. You will not be let back into Canada without your PR card if you are not from a visa exempt country. That being said you could always go back to your home country and when your PR card arrives in the mail here in Canada you could have someone courier it to you in your home country.

If you are from a visa exempt country you can travel with your COPR. Technically an airline is not supposed to let you on the plane with only a COPR (without PR Card) but when you are from a visa exempt country the chance of them hassling you about it is very slim. Once you get back to Canada you can show immigration your COPR (or they can look you up in their computer system).

I think that's good to know about this post. Does anyone know any site saying about this? I haven't read this kind of answer in CIC website. Please let me know. I did landing end of June, but I need to go back to my country which is visa exempt country. If I don't need to worry about it, I would be relieved.

Thanks