+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time does it take to get Indian PCC from BLS Canada - 2023

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi There
I need to get Indian PCC done from BLS Canada. Any idea how much time does it take to get it . Anyone who got it done in recent past- can you please advise

Also i got my Indian passport renewed last year from Canada - do they still need to do a fresh PCC

Isnt a PCC also done when a passport is renewed ?

Please help advise

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
PCC takes around 3-4 weeks . They send a police verification to india through embassy consulate and when your verification is done from india through local police station and report is clear, you get your PCC . Passport has nothing to do with PCC process. Share your details and timeline for PCC application.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi There
I need to get Indian PCC done from BLS Canada. Any idea how much time does it take to get it . Anyone who got it done in recent past- can you please advise

Also i got my Indian passport renewed last year from Canada - do they still need to do a fresh PCC

Isnt a PCC also done when a passport is renewed ?

Please help advise
Passport is needed for the application process.
PCC process does not happens on its own (though I wish it had as would have saved time for lots of applicants). So you have to do it on your own.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
PCC takes around 3-4 weeks . They send a police verification to india through embassy consulate and when your verification is done from india through local police station and report is clear, you get your PCC . Passport has nothing to do with PCC process. Share your details and timeline for PCC application.
Thanks.
I havent applied yet.

Plan to do it next week. Was trying to get an idea on how much time it would take

Also if we have stayed in more than one place in India - do we need to get multiple PCC or just one is enough ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks.
I havent applied yet.

Plan to do it next week. Was trying to get an idea on how much time it would take

Also if we have stayed in more than one place in India - do we need to get multiple PCC or just one is enough ?
One is enough. You have to fill out your local address or home address in india . Then they send police verification from here which is conducted by local police station of your area. They send back verification here back to consulate. PCC timeline all depends how fast .that police verification is done from india

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
One is enough. You have to fill out your local address or home address in india . Then they send police verification from here which is conducted by local police station of your area. They send back verification here back to consulate. PCC timeline all depends how fast .that police verification is done from india
Thanks a lot.
The address mentioned on my passport is not my permanent address. I had got the passport when I was working in a diff city in a rented house so the address printed is not my permanent address
I dont know anyone there now nor have any documentation for that rental address

So in the PCC - should i mention my permanent address as the address ?
I can give my father reference
Do i need to give any addtional docs along with the PCC ?

Baba123@234

Apr 30, 2023
Give your home address where your father currently living, just make sure you have the address proof such as Voter Id/Aadhar with the same address

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Give your home address where your father currently living, just make sure you have the address proof such as Voter Id/Aadhar with the same address
Thanks but I don’t have any address proof of that address

Would that be a problem?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks but I don’t have any address proof of that address

Would that be a problem?
That will be hard case . Most probably when they do police verification from india, they ask for copy of Adhaar card or PAN card as a proof . Do you have any permanent address in india ? Which is mentioned on any documents?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
That will be hard case . Most probably when they do police verification from india, they ask for copy of Adhaar card or PAN card as a proof . Do you have any permanent address in india ? Which is mentioned on any documents?
II do have a permament address and my parents stay there. I was planning to give that addesss and add their passport along with PCC application

Will this work ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
II do have a permament address and my parents stay there. I was planning to give that addesss and add their passport along with PCC application

Will this work ?
This will work . Someone from your local police station will come to your house or they will call your father to do verification. You don’t need to attach anything with PCC application. They will ask from india from your father. Make sure you fill correct address and correct local police station in PCC application form .

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Can someone please advise on what the diff stages in PCC process
I applied on 19th June at Brampton in person.
Status still shows - PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate

Do they update the status regularly ?
Where should I be checking the status on BLS Website or passportindia.gov.in ?

I haven't received any emails from either BLS or passportindia ? Do thy send any emails on the status of the application ?

How long do they take to send it to local India police station ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can someone please advise on what the diff stages in PCC process
I applied on 19th June at Brampton in person.
Status still shows - PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate

Do they update the status regularly ?
Where should I be checking the status on BLS Website or passportindia.gov.in ?

I haven't received any emails from either BLS or passportindia ? Do thy send any emails on the status of the application ?

How long do they take to send it to local India police station ?
You have to check application on passport admin website. You will get Police verification email soon . They will update soon . Police verification all depends on your local police department how fast they send back clear report to consulate.