+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how much score is required for Express Entry !!

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
Dear All,

My IELTS score is as follows:
L -8.5 R-8.0 S-7.5 W-6.5
CLB level -8
and my consultant is telling me that my total CRS will come around 348.
Had I got 7 in writing I would have got CLB level -9 which would increase my total score by another 40 points .
My question is what is the current CRS score required for express entry in Canada?
Can I go for PNP and what are my chances for PNP with the score of 348?

Regards
Krunal Ashok Dhakate

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Strongly suggest you go through the sticker threads named 'Express Entry In A Nutshell' and "Express Entry Step by Step Instructions". It's a complicated system so you will need to do a bit of self learning first.

Dear All,

L -8.5 R-8.0 S-7.5 W-6.5
CLB level -8
Had I got 7 in writing I would have got CLB level -9 which would increase my total score by another 40 points .
My question is what is the current CRS score required for express entry in Canada?

Regards
Krunal Ashok Dhakate

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Dear All,

L -8.5 R-8.0 S-7.5 W-6.5
CLB level -8

Regards
Krunal Ashok Dhakate
348 is too low a score for any programs under EE. the last few cut-offs have been around the 450 score mark and it has not gone below 415 in this year. you need to reassess your score breakup, go thru each criteria and see where you can increase the score. if you can provide your breakupp here the forum may be able to check it and advise incase of any solutions.

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
348 is too low a score for any programs under EE. the last few cut-offs have been around the 450 score mark and it has not gone below 415 in this year. you need to reassess your score breakup, go thru each criteria and see where you can increase the score. if you can provide your breakupp here the forum may be able to check it and advise incase of any solutions.
Hi ,
Thanks for the reply !!
How much score is needed for different PNP's and is there any PNP opening this month or december month ??

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Hi ,
Thanks for the reply !!
How much score is needed for different PNP's and is there any PNP opening this month or december month ??
For PNP we no one can give you an exact date.

For the score improve your IELTS. I think that is most important. With 348 Points I doubt that PNP will be awarded by any province

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
For PNP we no one can give you an exact date.

For the score improve your IELTS. I think that is most important. With 348 Points I doubt that PNP will be awarded by any province
Hi Hassan,
My immigration consultants are telling me that for PNP scores are not required except ONTARIO which requires a score of 400 +.
So I am bit confused as to give one more shot at IELTS as such if I improve my score by another .5 in writing I will go beyond 411 and currently my exact score is 366 or wait for PNP's

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hi Hassan,
My immigration consultants are telling me that for PNP scores are not required except ONTARIO which requires a score of 400 +.
So I am bit confused as to give one more shot at IELTS as such if I improve my score by another .5 in writing I will go beyond 411 and currently my exact score is 366 or wait for PNP's
Dear Krunal,

dont forget that while your target would be to score an extra .5 in writing; you will need to still keep the same or better the scores for L,R and S. This is easier said than done. The information you have from your immigration consultants is not wrong. However, this year Ontario did drop their requirement to under 400 for IT professionals.

Has your spouse not taken an IELTS. Her IELTS and Education credentials can add to your score also. Also, your score can be increased if you know French and can take up and exam similar to IELTS (again can be taken up by both of you).

Dont lose hope. Try your best and hopefully things will be ok for you.

Nishant.

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
Dear Krunal,

dont forget that while your target would be to score an extra .5 in writing; you will need to still keep the same or better the scores for L,R and S. This is easier said than done. The information you have from your immigration consultants is not wrong. However, this year Ontario did drop their requirement to under 400 for IT professionals.

Has your spouse not taken an IELTS. Her IELTS and Education credentials can add to your score also. Also, your score can be increased if you know French and can take up and exam similar to IELTS (again can be taken up by both of you).

Dont lose hope. Try your best and hopefully things will be ok for you.

Nishant.
Dear Nishant,

Thanks for the kind words !!
I am very much confident that I will be able to get CLB 9 which pretty much puts me in comfortable position.
My dilemma is that if CRS score isn't a requirement (except Ontario ) should I go for a Re test (IELTS) and spend money on it or
should I just apply with the score (366) for PNP.
unfortunately my wife wont be accompanying me and hence her IELTS score will not be of much help to me.
French, I don't think so I will be able to learn it in such a short span of time.
Is there a forum or website where I can get to know my eligibility for different provinces.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Dear Nishant,

Thanks for the kind words !!
I am very much confident that I will be able to get CLB 9 which pretty much puts me in comfortable position.
My dilemma is that if CRS score isn't a requirement (except Ontario ) should I go for a Re test (IELTS) and spend money on it or
should I just apply with the score (366) for PNP.
unfortunately my wife wont be accompanying me and hence her IELTS score will not be of much help to me.
French, I don't think so I will be able to learn it in such a short span of time.
Is there a forum or website where I can get to know my eligibility for different provinces.
Dear Krunal,

1 - If you are confident good. Wishing you good luck
2 - Though CRS is not a requirement for most PNP's, as i said earlier; this is very volatile. How sure can you be that a particular province would open up its streams for the NOC you have experience with (unless you are an IT professional). IT professionals seem to be in Demand (this is my personal thought).
3 - With 366, you will stand 0 chance to receive an ITA. With 411 (or may be even better if you score better in the other parts of IELTS), you have a much better chance.
4 - there is a sticky thread in the same forum which talks in detial about all PNP's are requirements. go though that.

Nishant.

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
Dear Nishant,

by point 3 you mean to say that with 366 score I may not be able to get an ITA from any of the provinces since the score is too low.?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Dear Krunal,

for point 3 i mean your score is too low to get a direct ITA (without PNP). A province would not look at your score for a PNP (ontario being an exception). You must however be able to prove your experience for the the NOC for which they have an opening.

Nishant.

Reactions: krunaldhakate

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
Dear Krunal,

for point 3 i mean your score is too low to get a direct ITA (without PNP). A province would not look at your score for a PNP (ontario being an exception). You must however be able to prove your experience for the the NOC for which they have an opening.

Nishant.
Thanks Buddy
that really helped !!
can I get to know the openings for my NOC in any one of the provinces ?? if yes where ??

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Dear All,

L -8.5 R-8.0 S-7.5 W-6.5
CLB level -8

Regards
Krunal Ashok Dhakate
I just check your score online by CLB converter it is very good score and it come out to be 9.5 on CLB scale. How you got your CLB score as 8 with the given figures? I don't understand. You can check the link here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-language-converter.html
Can you plz reply?

Reactions: OriginalCraker

krunaldhakate

Nov 3, 2017
Reactions: OriginalCraker