+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much money i must show in bank statement?

masterfire

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hello
My wife will re-apply to study permit visa after refused because financial status,
She will travel with 2 children for PHD (min 4 years)
According to CIC she must have 10K for her+4K for 1st+3K for 2nd=17K
tuition and fees=7.5K per year
So the total per year is 17+7.5=24.5 x 4 years=98K
Round trip tickets=5K
Then Total 98+5=103K

She prepaid 1st year tuition and she had scholarship letter with 20K per year
then the total which will subtracted =20x4 years=80K+7.5K=87.5K

Ground total to be shown in bank statement is 103-87.5=15.5K

1-Is this calculation is correct?
2-Can i put then Suddenly in bank with gift deed?

Thank you for help :)

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hello
My wife will re-apply to study permit visa after refused because financial status,
Round trip tickets=5K
Then Total 98+5=103K

These are correct and you can put in gift deed whatever you call it.
This is only my opinion, you can also wait for senior members to reply.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello
Round trip tickets=5K
Then Total 98+5=103K

You have asked the same question many times and always you add this 20K scholarship to your living expenses. How can a scholarship cover living expenses? Does this letter mention as such. Also, scholarship can be canceled due to low academic or other reasons. So to have the majority of your finance based on this scholarship will most likely lead to rejection.

Tuition Fees

7.5 * 4 years = 30K

Does the scholarship cover 20K of the tuition fees or is it a grant of 20K per year. If the tuition is only 7.5 K a year then why is the University giving this scholarship for. What can this scholarship money be used for?

Proof of funds for living

10K + 4K + 3K = 17K per year

17K * 4 = 68 K

Don't include round trip tickets or tickets in the first place, this is not needed. You can't book a ticket for more than 6 months in advance so there is no possibility of you booking a round trip ticket 4 years in advance.

So assuming that your scholarship is 20K for the entire program and not per year. You will have to show proof for 10K of tuition + 68K of funds for living. That's a total of 78K that you need to show. It has to be liquid and not stuck in a sort of asset. If someone else is the sponsoring then the appropriate documents must be provided.

masterfire

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
You have asked the same question many times and always you add this 20K scholarship to your living expenses. How can a scholarship cover living expenses? Does this letter mention as such. Also, scholarship can be canceled due to low academic or other reasons. So to have the majority of your finance based on this scholarship will most likely lead to rejection.

Tuition Fees

7.5 * 4 years = 30K

Does the scholarship cover 20K of the tuition fees or is it a grant of 20K per year. If the tuition is only 7.5 K a year then why is the University giving this scholarship for. What can this scholarship money be used for?

Proof of funds for living

10K + 4K + 3K = 17K per year

17K * 4 = 68 K

Don't include round trip tickets or tickets in the first place, this is not needed. You can't book a ticket for more than 6 months in advance so there is no possibility of you booking a round trip ticket 4 years in advance.

So assuming that your scholarship is 20K for the entire program and not per year. You will have to show proof for 10K of tuition + 68K of funds for living. That's a total of 78K that you need to show. It has to be liquid and not stuck in a sort of asset. If someone else is the sponsoring then the appropriate documents must be provided.
Thank you for reply
The scholarship letter is show that the lab will fund my wife 20k annually in all period of Phd . And the min. Of Phd in accepted letter is 4 years.
The scholarship not from university and they refused to take the tuition from scholarship. They said that this money you will take them from lab annually and you must pay tuitions from them or from you own funds.
So i calculated that she will have 20k annualy as letter of lab show.
78k -80= correct?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for reply
The scholarship letter is show that the lab will fund my wife 20k annually in all period of Phd . And the min. Of Phd in accepted letter is 4 years.
The scholarship not from university and they refused to take the tuition from scholarship. They said that this money you will take them from lab annually and you must pay tuitions from them or from you own funds.
So i calculated that she will have 20k annualy as letter of lab show.
78k -80= correct?
Ok, I am finding it difficult to understand with your English but from what I understood is that this is a 3rd party scholarship.

Now while you will get this scholarship you can't base your majority finances on this scholarship. Since I can't physically see what kind of scholarship it is and I'm still not able to understand from your what exactly this scholarship is I don't know how the visa officer will see the scholarship as.

To be on the safe side and Garuntee your visa approval you will need to show 98K of funds available with you when you apply in liquid money, even if your not going to use it.

Reactions: masterfire

masterfire

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Ok, I am finding it difficult to understand with your English but from what I understood is that this is a 3rd party scholarship.

Now while you will get this scholarship you can't base your majority finances on this scholarship. Since I can't physically see what kind of scholarship it is and I'm still not able to understand from your what exactly this scholarship is I don't know how the visa officer will see the scholarship as.

To be on the safe side and Garuntee your visa approval you will need to show 98K of funds available with you when you apply in liquid money, even if your not going to use it.
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my English
Ok, i got your point.
My last question , I will not apply with my wife, Can i take a personal loan and gift the funds to my wife?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my English
Ok, i got your point.
My last question , I will not apply with my wife, Can i take a personal loan and gift the funds to my wife?
I believe that they want 4 months of bank statements. I am not sure if that will work. Would it not be possible to get your wife a loan based on your assets and then just show the loan as financial proof.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi Masterfire. I think people source for funds from different angles to have sufficient money in account at the time of visa processing or printing statement, so as to get visa approval, and then they withdraw to return unowned monies to source etc. What matters to the CIC is the account balance and cash flow within the months shown in bank statement submitted. In essence, how you source the funds to furnish your account is a personal decision. Try your best. Hopefully, you'll get there.

Secondly, this forum isn't for assessing your level of English. Let's leave that to the admission panels. Your post was reasonably understandable. We understand that people here are from different nationalities and at different levels of English knowledge.

All the best with re-applying.
When I made the comment about English it was meant specifically with his explanation about the scholarship that his wife received was hard to understand, and due to the broken English used I wished to clarify what I understood from what he had written was what the OP had meant, not to criticize him.

With the matter of showing money and then withdrawing back to "source" is not something I would recommend, especially with the amount required. While what an Individual does with his/her own situation is their decesion, that does not mean that such methodm should be suggested. If the visa officer suspects that the finance is not genuinely yours then you will have a hard time justifying that the source of income.
It can work 99% of the time but that 1% person will be in trouble.

Reactions: rogelcorral

Dblessed

Jan 8, 2019
Are there exceptions were a student for a two year program, for example, had money in account for only half of the program (one year tuition, one year living expenses) plus strong assets like properties etc; and got their student visa application approved?

Though best but how expedient is it to have complete or excess of expenses (tuition and living expenses) for entire program duration or is discretion used by the regulatory body, in some cases?

Kindly let's know if you got approval with half program expenses and assets or know someone who did. If you know a link on any related authorised website where we can get more information on this, please post.

Thanks, always.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Are there exceptions were a student for a two year program, for example, had money in account for only half of the program (one year tuition, one year living expenses) plus strong assets like properties etc; and got their student visa application approved?

Though best but how expedient is it to have complete or excess of expenses (tuition and living expenses) for entire program duration or is discretion used by the regulatory body, in some cases?

Kindly let's know if you got approval with half program expenses and assets or know someone who did. If you know a link on any related authorised website where we can get more information on this, please post.

Thanks, always.
Unless you have sponsorship from someone who is having a high enough income, where they can support you in Canada and they have bank statements to show such amount. You would have to produce official documents saying that this person is sponsoring you.

In any other case you will have to show the full amount for the best chance of getting a visa approval.

Reactions: Dblessed

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Thanks, always.
If you are from any of the countries where SDS is available, just a proof of 1yr tuition paid and a GIC of $10k are required. So basically, an applicant is showing only half of the projected cost (tuition and living) when applying for a two yr program (and only 1/4 if applying for a 4yr uni program).

I got approval with only 1yr tuition paid and GIC of $10k (applied under SDS). But I did submit a letter from my bro-in-law that he will provide me with accomodation. My properties document were only used for ties with home country.

Reactions: Dblessed