+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much information?

roomba

Mar 19, 2017
I have a number of questions which, I assume may have been answered elsewhere, but I am having a hard time searching for them. So, first let me apologize if I am being repetitive and, second, thanks for any help you can give me.

So, after receiving an ITA:

How much history must I provide for work, travel and personal history? I have seen both the 10 years or “since age 18.” Is it different for each of these? Can you refer me to the forms that clarify this? (We are older and have a lot of “history”!)

My husband is the primary applicant. My education and language skills are contributing points to his CRS, but not my work. I’m having a hard time getting reference letters. If I leave my work history blank and only include my jobs in my personal history, does that solve the problem? Do I still need reference letters (or evidence of efforts to get them) for positions that will not contribute to his CRS score?

When it comes to personal history, it seems that travel must be included only if it represents a gap in employment or address (so an international vacation would not need to be recorded.) Am I correct?

Thanks again for your help with this.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
roomba said:
How much history must I provide for work, travel and personal history? I have seen both the 10 years or “since age 18.” Is it different for each of these? Can you refer me to the forms that clarify this? (We are older and have a lot of “history”!)
It depends on how old you are.

If you are 28, then 10 years or since 18 is the same.
If you are older, then 10 years.
If you are younger, then since 18.

zeeC

Mar 2, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
19-07-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
Unless you claim points for your work, you dont have to show papers. You can just put that in personal history.

You will have to report any kind of travel in the last 10 years from your country of residence. It doesn't matter if there is a gap in employment or addresses.

roomba

Mar 19, 2017
zeeC said:
Unless you claim points for your work, you dont have to show papers. You can just put that in personal history.

You will have to report any kind of travel in the last 10 years from your country of residence. It doesn't matter if there is a gap in employment or addresses.
But that is in travel history, correct? Or is it also in personal history?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
roomba said:
But that is in travel history, correct? Or is it also in personal history?
Only in travel history, in the personal history section you have to mention what you have been doing and if it crosses countries, then yes. For instance, if you were working in your home country for x years and then moved to work/as a dependent in another Y country for some time, it will come under personal history. It has to match up. Any holiday or business travel will not come under personal history.

Hope this helps.