+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much income to be eligible as a sponsor?

pandaharo

Jul 19, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm planning on sponsoring my husband,

- so he's the current undertaking
- my previous undertakings are still effective (2 persons: my parents)
- I'm expecting my baby to be delivered in BC next week or so, and she'll be the only child of my husband and myself

I have problem calculating how much annual income I needed to be eligible. Please kindly help. :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
You do not require any income to sponsor your husband. You can not be on welfare , but you will have to set out a plan and demonstrate to CiC how you and your husband are going to live when he arrives in Canada.

pandaharo

Jul 19, 2014
I've already applied for EI (maternity leave) but haven't been approved yet. Is that one of the welfares you talked about? I could cancel the application if it interferes...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
EI is not welfare.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
pandaharo said:
I've already applied for EI (maternity leave) but haven't been approved yet. Is that one of the welfares you talked about? I could cancel the application if it interferes...
No, you don't need to cancel your application..
maternity leave is not considered welfare...
You will be OK..

You don't need a minimum income to sponsor your husband...

you should be OK...
present as many documents that prove your relationship..
like pictures of your marriage, airplane tickets, places that you have been together,
as much as you can... and also include the Ultra sound of your baby..
that will help a lot.., and also present documents of your application for Maternity leave

Good luck...

you will be reunited with your husband very soon,,

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Hi guys,,

I am collecting welfare and wanna be sponsor for my wife and need your suggestions..

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to suppo

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
archerx said:
Hi guys,,

I am collecting welfare and wanna be sponsor for my wife and need your suggestions..

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to suppo
Please check other threads you have started or posted in. Your questions have been answered numerous times and yet you keep posting the exact same thing.

pandaharo

Jul 19, 2014
Thank you very much.
And there are 3 more questions.
1- One is about IMM5669 (Schedule A - Background/Declaration) for the applicant, the guide says "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." I'm the sponsor and my husband is the only applicant. Should I fill my own copy of this form?

2- The second one is about IMM5406(Additional Family Information) for the applicant, the guide also says "You and each of your family members must complete their own copy of this form." My baby will be delivered in BC next week or so, and should my baby and I fill our own copies of this form?

3- The last one is about IMM0008 (Generic Application Form For Canada) for the applicant, My baby will be delivered in Canada. Should my baby be added as a dependant of my husband in this form?

Please kindly help. :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
pandaharo said:
Thank you very much.
And there are 3 more questions.
1- One is about IMM5669 (Schedule A - Background/Declaration) for the applicant, the guide says "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." I'm the sponsor and my husband is the only applicant. Should I fill my own copy of this form?

2- The second one is about IMM5406(Additional Family Information) for the applicant, the guide also says "You and each of your family members must complete their own copy of this form." My baby will be delivered in BC next week or so, and should my baby and I fill our own copies of this form?

3- The last one is about IMM0008 (Generic Application Form For Canada) for the applicant, My baby will be delivered in Canada. Should my baby be added as a dependant of my husband in this form?

Please kindly help. :)
1. Only those applying for PR need to fill out schedule A, so not you.

2. Only your husband needs to fill this out, but he will need to list you and your baby on there where asked. Your baby will be Canadian, and you are either Canadian or a PR of Canada, so you don't fill one out.

3. Your baby will be Canadian and so isn't listed as a dependent on imm0008 since he/she will not need sponsoring.