+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much I will be penalizied and what should I expect

VKulesh

Dec 8, 2010
Hello to everyone,

Last Saturday I did the IELTS (Academic Module) in Portugal. It was a quite difficult one, hoping to get 7.0 at listening and reading. Speaking was the one that I was worried most but from my point of view it went really well, I spoke without blocking myself, but of course I did some mistakes. However, I am terrified with the writing which by the way is one of my strongest points. The essay was ... "effects on online shopping on environment and different types of job", unfortunately I wasn't been able to understand clearly the topic and by that time had no ideas, so I wrote about the effects on social and financial environments and in the second part wrote how its effecting job types.

I know that I will be penalized a lot, but could I expect at least 6.0 at writing? or should I be aiming to get Band 5 or 5.5 :( What do you think?

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can u be more specific...

during your practice, how much u usually got for ur other parts..... lis. read....

VKulesh

Dec 8, 2010
Well normally I would get 35-38 in listening, however in IELTS that I have done I am aiming between 30-33 right answers, as far as reading my normal score is around 30-35 and hopefully I will be getting approximately 30. As I said speaking went quite well but in writing I don't know what to expect.

The purpose of IELTS was to study abroad and normally universities from England and other part of Europe asking at least between 6-6.5 for the writing. In the first task we were asked to compare two plans of some territory. I thinks that I was able to compare them using different words like layouts, designs, maquette, plans, etc... On the other hand the essay will be an issue here.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can still pull off 7 in your writing, your english level is like 7.5 -8 band in writing.

VKulesh

Dec 8, 2010
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your input, the results will be out on December 18th, at this moment I am like with my fingers crossed and hoping for the better.