+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much funds required for a Work Permit/Visa?

2ndLife

Jun 4, 2021
Apart from the processing fees for work visa, is there a requirement of Proof of Funds for a WORK VISA/PERMIT? Any minimum amount of funds one needs to have when landing at the canadian airport? Please advise..
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What type of visa do you have? Depends but most likely you need to show your bank account balance over a 3 month period. You want to show you have funds to settle in Canada because it is expensive. Example is POF for EE.

2ndLife

Jun 4, 2021
Firstly....Thanks for your help Naturgrl

On the IRCC website Proof of funds applies to applicants coming to Canada through a PR or any other program for immigration.
But there is no clarification on the required funds for a foreigner coming to Canada on a work permit(Closed Work Permit). My guess is probably around 2-4k CAD ( Food/Accomodation/Travelling etc)
But i just wanted to be sure.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Firstly....Thanks for your help Naturgrl

On the IRCC website Proof of funds applies to applicants coming to Canada through a PR or any other program for immigration.
But there is no clarification on the required funds for a foreigner coming to Canada on a work permit(Closed Work Permit). My guess is probably around 2-4k CAD ( Food/Accomodation/Travelling etc)
But i just wanted to be sure.
Thanks
That isn't a lot of money to get settled in Canada...first and last month rent, food, health insurance, transportation, clothes etc. You want as much money as possible and closer to $10k and over $5k at a minimum.

2ndLife

Jun 4, 2021
That isn't a lot of money to get settled in Canada...first and last month rent, food, health insurance, transportation, clothes etc. You want as much money as possible and closer to $10k and over $5k at a minimum.
Actually its about any worker coming to Canada on a work permit of one year.