+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much Funds Do i Need..

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
I am a student from Jamaica and my uncle is sponsoring me a vacation trip to Canada for 2 weeks.. How much funds would i need on my bank statement for 2 weeks as my personal cash.... I just need an estimate.. Thanks much... :)

user7979

Mar 12, 2012
If you are staying as some one called you. You will need at lease 7-10K for 2 weeks and that is what they expect.
More than important, you need to prove them that you ll return back, after 2-weeks.
so add all these docs when you apply.

1) To and fro ticket.
2) Employeement ID ( This proves that you will get back to work after ur vacation)
3) A cover letter requesting the VO for temp visa and stating that you wil return back.
In the cover letter list all the documents that you enclosed in the application. ( Sounds goods when VO looks at ur application)
4) Finally in ur application when you answer "what is your purpose of visit?"
Try to answer in a legitimate way so when you answer he should feel you will return back.

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
So you telling me that i will need $7000 - $10000 CA Just for a 2 weeks. And from i said earlier i am a full time student at a university. I have seen where ppl have said you need atleast $1000/month.. So i am wondering if its wise for me to show so much funds due to the fact that i am not working. I already got a letter from my school stating my status and other stuff, but i will photocopy my sch ID and write a cover letter.

user7979

Mar 12, 2012
dude ..having enough amount in your local currency would be good. You never told me you are from jamaica and my guess was you were applying from USA. The higher the amount the VOt thinks you are self sustainable. I would suggest show as much you can.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
A friend of ours showed one account in which he had $3000. The VO made negative comments about that amount in CAIPS. We stated that we would provide for all food and lodging during the visit (10 days).....I was shocked that they expected more (who ever thinks they have to include all their investments and land holdings in order to visit another country for 10 days?) The biggest thing you have to convince the VO of is that your ties to home are stronger than your desire to overstay. All the best.

jambrown

Jul 21, 2011
I think like how i am a full time student in my 3rd year and in good academic standing that should show them that i am going to return to my country. I have another year and a half in my studies, so i am just planning to write a cover letter explaining all of this..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jambrown said:
I think like how i am a full time student in my 3rd year and in good academic standing that should show them that i am going to return to my country. I have another year and a half in my studies, so i am just planning to write a cover letter explaining all of this..
The VO would still look at your bank statement. If you don't have enough cash (2/3K isn't enough for any duration of stay); assist your application with your parents' statement.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know how much credit you will get from the VO from your parents' assets (include 2-3 months of bank statements to show your finances as they may not "believe" a large amount in one go as being yours IF you were tempted to ask your parents for a loan), but you might include a copy of your marks to illustrate how conscientious you are with your studies. Good luck.