No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Dear Forum Members,

Any idea how much one get as EI (in term of %age of one's monthly earning)?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to tell us which province you're in.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah

HilaryK

Jul 1, 2015
Service Canada says:
"The basic benefit rate is 55% of your average insured earnings up to a yearly maximum insurable amount of $49,500. This means you can receive a maximum payment of $524 per week. Your EI payment is a taxable income, meaning federal and provincial or territorial, if it applies, taxes will be deducted.

You could receive a higher benefit rate if you are in a low-income family — an income of less than $25,921 — with children and you receive the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), your are entitled to the Family Supplement."

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Thanks a bunch

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
In extension to my basic question, may I know that how does opting for studies, training or apprenticeship etc impact the EI? e.g. In order to better acquaint with the job market, if one opt to upgrade his/her language proficiency by enrolling to English/French classes, does it impedes to one's availability for full time employment?

I guess one have to answer about the one's availability for full-time work while submitting the bi-weekly EI reports.

Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JMOBhatti said:
In extension to my basic question, may I know that how does opting for studies, training or apprenticeship etc impact the EI? e.g. In order to better acquaint with the job market, if one opt to upgrade his/her language proficiency by enrolling to English/French classes, does it impedes to one's availability for full time employment?

I guess one have to answer about the one's availability for full-time work while submitting the bi-weekly EI reports.

Thanks in advance.
You would have to ask EI about that but for example if you opt for apprenticeship, that is actually a full time job and you would be paid and no longer need EI except for the 2-3 months a year you spend in school. If you start full time studies, you would not be eligible for EI but you may be able to get student loans. If you do part time studies, you would have to ask EI but for example if you take a language class in the evenings, you would still be available for a full time job in the day time.

I have heard there are certain instances where EI can help you get job training but it may be limited to cases of where you don't have much education already. You should ask them though.

JMOBhatti

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
HKG/LDN
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
No
Med's Done....
Alhamd o lillah
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Alhamd o lillah
VISA ISSUED...
Alhamd o lillah
LANDED..........
Alhamd o lillah
Thanks for the kind insight; I really appreciate it.

In-fact, Quebec is different than the rest of Canada. With consent or approval from Emploi Quebec, I came to know that one can not only have EI but can also seek additional financial assistance.