+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much does the medical exam cost??

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
Hello-

I am a U.S. citizen married to a Canadian. I have gotten through most of the paperwork and background checks, etc. Now I need to do the medical exam. For those of you out there that have done this, can you give me a ballpark estimate as to how much this exam is? Thanks very much!

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
it varies on state, its extremly cheaper do have it done in canada, i have three kids and the cost for me and the kids in the states would have been 1500 dollars (USD) but we are doing them in canada and the cost is only 515(CAD), see the difference?and its perfectly legal to do them in canada so do it when you go for a visit.

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
I'm an American married to a Canadian and I had mine done in Ottawa, ON. It cost $130.

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
I hate being at the doctors' and thats one thing i dread over........ can anyone share a run down of the physical in brieft? Just want to have a clear expecting picture and not be surprised. 35/m.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bundori said:
I hate being at the doctors' and thats one thing i dread over........ can anyone share a run down of the physical in brieft? Just want to have a clear expecting picture and not be surprised. 35/m.
Read the following from the Medical Practitioners Handbook: http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/section-6.asp

PMM

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
THANK YOU PMM so much for your answers all the time.

I had posted a question about Port of Entry and hope you can provide some answers to ease my curiosity/ tension.

Thanks

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Now you didn't say whether you applied from this side of the border or the Canadian side as you contemplated a while back.

I paid $250.00 on this side of the border. Budget to pay between $200 and $300. Maybe you will pay what I paid or even less.

So, you are now at the medical stage - congratulations on this milestone.

npierce said:
Hello-

I am a U.S. citizen married to a Canadian. I have gotten through most of the paperwork and background checks, etc. Now I need to do the medical exam. For those of you out there that have done this, can you give me a ballpark estimate as to how much this exam is? Thanks very much!

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
Thanks Libra! Yes, things are moving along fairly well. The medical exam is the last hurdle before we send it all off...

We applied from the U.S. My husband started his new job in Calgary Oct. 1 and I am still here in Chicago. We figured it would be a speedier process from outside of Canada plus I have full time work down here.

I did check on the medical exam in the Chicago area and it cost about $200. So not as bad as I thought but still expensive.