+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much do I need to show to convince the visa officer??

imran_aziz123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much do I need to show to convince the visa officer??

Tuition + Living Expenses(GIC of $10,000)...for one year. Will this be sufficient or do I need to show the accommodation(house rent) money separately?? Please help!!

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Senior members..
Please answer..

This wud be my question as well..

imran_aziz123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If for example one year tuition + extra university fee is $ 24,000 out of which $ 10,000 has to be paid in the first semester and the rest in other semesters.

Then

10,000 paid receipt + 10,000 GIC + rest $ 14,000 and air ticket charges in the bank account

Is this enough OR the accommodation(house rent) money needs to be added in the bank??

Please Helpp

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
You can convince the visa officer by sending as many docs as mentioned below but all they need is 1st sem or 1st year fees to be paid and 10000$ GIC.

Proof of Means of Financial Support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members accompanying you while you are in Canada by providing as many of the following documents:

• your bank statements for the past four months

a bank draft in convertible currency

pay stubs

an employment letter

proof of assets or business

proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees

tax reports, declarations or statements

proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution

a letter from the person or institution providing you with money

proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
imran_aziz123 said:
If for example one year tuition + extra university fee is $ 24,000 out of which $ 10,000 has to be paid in the first semester and the rest in other semesters.

Then

10,000 paid receipt + 10,000 GIC + rest $ 14,000 and air ticket charges in the bank account

Is this enough OR the accommodation(house rent) money needs to be added in the bank??

Please Helpp
yes u should be ok just remember these amounts r minimum amounts and if by chance u have more money dont hesitate to show more funds ...also please refer to the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
imran_aziz123 said:

Then

Please Helpp
In your case 10,000 Tuition Fees Receipt + 10,000 GIC would do the needful. But there is no drawback if you want to show the remaining balance in your bank account.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran_aziz123 said:
Thank you for all your replys. Very helpful
Although many people have already given you enough inputs, hence I should better not write much. Just one correct one thing here;

If a student is applying under SPP (assuming you are from India, not Pak as SPP is not for Pakistani candidates), one need not show any other financial documents except the tuition fee receipt and GIC. In fact, if you review the SPP checklist, it is clearly mentioned not to provide any other documents unless asked for. it says "*DO NOT PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS UNLESS REQUESTED TO DO SO BY A VISA
OFFICER, OR YOUR FILE WILL NOT BE GIVEN PRIORITY PROCESSING UNDER SPP"

If a student is applying under general category, apart from tuition fee and GIC, showing property or long term debentures, fixed deposits etc show your strong ties to home country. So it's a good idea.

They don't need and don't ask for you to show living cost of more than 1 year even if your program is of 3 years. They don't even ask you to pay fee of more than 1 year. But then if you pay 2 years fee or show funds for 2 years, it's alright. Only point I am trying to make here is, SPP cases don't require anything extra and it's advised not to provide too many documents unless asked for. Please refer to SPP checklist;

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf

Cheers!

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Although many people have already given you enough inputs, hence I should better not write much. Just one correct one thing here;

If a student is applying under SPP (assuming you are from India, not Pak as SPP is not for Pakistani candidates), one need not show any other financial documents except the tuition fee receipt and GIC. In fact, if you review the SPP checklist, it is clearly mentioned not to provide any other documents unless asked for. it says "*DO NOT PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS UNLESS REQUESTED TO DO SO BY A VISA
OFFICER, OR YOUR FILE WILL NOT BE GIVEN PRIORITY PROCESSING UNDER SPP"

If a student is applying under general category, apart from tuition fee and GIC, showing property or long term debentures, fixed deposits etc show your strong ties to home country. So it's a good idea.

They don't need and don't ask for you to show living cost of more than 1 year even if your program is of 3 years. They don't even ask you to pay fee of more than 1 year. But then if you pay 2 years fee or show funds for 2 years, it's alright. Only point I am trying to make here is, SPP cases don't require anything extra and it's advised not to provide too many documents unless asked for. Please refer to SPP checklist;

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf

Cheers!

HEY so if im applying under GENERAL, can i, instead of paying the 1st yr tuition fees in advance (which is recommended under general checklist but not mandatory) and having GIC, can i instead just show all of my fathers assets and other financial details and pay slips etc. alongwith a sponsor letter for showing sufficiency of funds? The sufficiency wont be a problem the deal is that I dont want to pay the tuition fees in advance as I plan to switch colleges once there.

Also, if my LOA (on the basis of which i get study permit) says I have to pay the tuition fees by 22 november and i reach at POE in jan (when classes start) but havent paid the tuition fees still, can the POE officer ask me to show receipt of the tuition fees payment? what if i dont? PLZ HELP PLZ PLZ

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
A lot of discussion has been done on Funds part before also.

I have applied under university cat and did not paid any fees(year or term) to college nd gt visa in 5 days.
Just showed enough funds in my bank account, including the total tuition and living expenses(CAD10k)

senior advisor

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
UNDER SPP YOU JUST NEED TO PAY 1 YEAR TF PLUS LIVING EXPENSES THROUGH GIC. BUT ALSO NEEDS TO SHOW ANNUAL INCOME OF ABOU 4-5 LAKHS. BUT IF YOU ARE PAYING 1 SEMESTER TF, THEN EXTRA 4 LAKHS SAVING NEEDS TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY SECOND SEMESTER TF AS WELL.
NO NEED TO SHOW IMMOVABLE FUNDS. SPP DOES NOT REQUIRE IT.