+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how much cash per person?

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
My husband is the PA and we are landing in Calgary , please I need to know how much is required per person, and what is the maximum in cash?
Also if anybody knows the most economic transfer from airport.

Thanks
Amira

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So easy..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=canada+immigration+money

no maximum

Transfer to where? Probably the bus..

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Thanks for ur prompt reply.
Transportation from the airport with our luggage to our hotel or hostel (we do have a booking yet)

Just wanted to know if there is a go alternative to taxis.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take Calgary transit (public transportation).

Google "Calgary + transit" for more information. Furthermore, some hotels have shuttle bus services to/from airport.

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Thanks again guys. One more Question does it reach up to 30 degrees Celsius in the summer? Shall I pack summer clothes? Or Calgary's summer is still considered Cold?

Thanks a million

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Elnakeeb said:
Thanks again guys. One more Question does it reach up to 30 degrees Celsius in the summer? Shall I pack summer clothes? Or Calgary's summer is still considered Cold?

Thanks a million
30 degrees Celsius is hot. If you are Indian, it might be cold for you. But in general, summer clothing will do

Elnakeeb

Apr 1, 2014
Actually I'm Egyptian (and 30 degrees for me isn't hot. it's I guess according to the Canadian definition. I just wanted to Know ifCalgary has any Summer .

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Elnakeeb said:
Actually I'm Egyptian (and 30 degrees for me isn't hot. it's I guess according to the Canadian definition. I just wanted to Know ifCalgary has any Summer .
https://weatherspark.com/averages/28211/Calgary-Alberta-Canada :)

As for the cash, you are technically required to have either the cash with you or proof of the funds you attested to have during the visa application process. (A bank statement would be fine too.) The requirements are listed here on CIC's website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

simran26

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
may 2013
Hello everyone..

Is ir necessary to carry any specific amount of funds with us or we can carry any amount with us?

actually when i filed i showed $11000 till i get my PR...and then i've used my funds on some other work. Can i carry less funds also? like $6000 or $7000?????????

Plz Plz Plz help meee :(

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
simran26 said:
Hello everyone..

Is ir necessary to carry any specific amount of funds with us or we can carry any amount with us?

actually when i filed i showed $11000 till i get my PR...and then i've used my funds on some other work. Can i carry less funds also? like $6000 or $7000?????????

Plz Plz Plz help meee :(
No you r supposed to to carry the amnt as specified in the funds site
Also you can carry a max of amount equal to 3000us $ in cash as per rbi guidelines otherwise u can carry upto one lakh dollars per passport for imm purpose

simran26

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
may 2013
hargunthind said:
No you r supposed to to carry the amnt as specified in the funds site
Also you can carry a max of amount equal to 3000us $ in cash as per rbi guidelines otherwise u can carry upto one lakh dollars per passport for imm purpose
Thankyou so much :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elnakeeb said:
My husband is the PA and we are landing in Calgary , please I need to know how much is required per person, and what is the maximum in cash?
Also if anybody knows the most economic transfer from airport.

Thanks
Amira
On the presumption this is a FSW applicant then CIC clarify the proof of funds required. These funds must be in a convertible currency (an easily exchangeable currency in any country) e.g CAD, USD, Euro, GBP etc. The easiest thing is usually to have a draft in CAD. Carrying cash is unwise due to the risks from theft, loss etc. You need to declare any amounts over 10K. If you show up at the border with less than the required level of funding your landing may be postponed!