+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many years of travel history ?

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the travel history that will be required post ITA.

Some people say that since I am 34 years old, I will be required to present my travel history starting the age of 18. Others say that the last 10 years will be enough.

The CIC website mentions that only 10 years of travel history is required. It also states that I may have to present PCCs from countries I lived in more than 10 years ago.

Can someone clarify this? I was in the UAE from 2003 to 2009 and since I never had their EID, it is becoming a headache to apply for the PCC.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the travel history that will be required post ITA.

Some people say that since I am 34 years old, I will be required to present my travel history starting the age of 18. Others say that the last 10 years will be enough.

The CIC website mentions that only 10 years of travel history is required. It also states that I may have to present PCCs from countries I lived in more than 10 years ago.

Can someone clarify this? I was in the UAE from 2003 to 2009 and since I never had their EID, it is becoming a headache to apply for the PCC.
Travel history and PCC for the last 10 years in your case. So if you left the UAE before May 2009 assuming you're applying this month, you don't include it.

The "since the age of 18" only applies to people were not 18 years old 10 years ago. For example, someone who is 27 years old today will only go back since the age of 18, because 10 years ago he was 17 years old.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Travel history and pcc is only for the past 10 yrs ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Recently IRCC has been sending additional document requests in some cases, telling people to complete travel histories since the age of 18, despite the ten year requirement on the paperwork itself.

I haven't been able to discern a methodology or reasoning behind who gets the request when, but I would advise that if IRCC tells you to fill out a form covering travel history since age of 18, don't ignore the request.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Recently IRCC has been sending additional document requests in some cases, telling people to complete travel histories since the age of 18, despite the ten year requirement on the paperwork itself.

I haven't been able to discern a methodology or reasoning behind who gets the request when, but I would advise that if IRCC tells you to fill out a form covering travel history since age of 18, don't ignore the request.
That is what my consultant is saying. In his last case, the candidate was asked by the IRCC to submit PCCs prior to 10 years. I don't know the reason why they asked for those documents :)