+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many visitors are allowed at an in-person oath ceremony?

AnzSharma

Jan 14, 2021
I am invited to an in-person ceremony in Calgary for June. I couldn't find any info in the invitation or cic website about visitors. Does anyone know if they allow family members in the venue? If so, how many people?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I am invited to an in-person ceremony in Calgary for June. I couldn't find any info in the invitation or cic website about visitors. Does anyone know if they allow family members in the venue? If so, how many people?
you can check the ceremony list to see if they allow visitors. google- find citizenship ceremony Canada

Reactions: yyzstudent

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Following up to @anksyahoo. The list will tell you if your location, date, and time is open to the public or not. That’s it.
Yes correct and if we google, they will tell you that max 1-2 person are allowed at the location and they sit outside during the ceremony and only allowed inside during the photo with judge(only if it says open to public).

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Yes correct and if we google, they will tell you that max 1-2 person are allowed at the location and they sit outside during the ceremony and only allowed inside during the photo with judge(only if it says open to public).
That I didn’t know. I have a slew of people who wants to attend. Maybe I should opt for the online and mirror the computer to the TV.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
That I didn’t know. I have a slew of people who wants to attend. Maybe I should opt for the online and mirror the computer to the TV.
For online, they mentioned people who have Oath scheduled should be only sitting in front of computer. I saw family members popping in/out during the breakout room or waiting area but only applicants were allowed during registration and Oath.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

The immigration instructions doesn’t actually say a limit. It says there might be a limit depending on venue and fire code.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/schedule/notifications-regarding.html

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Reactions: yyzstudent

AnzSharma

Jan 14, 2021
you can check the ceremony list to see if they allow visitors. google- find citizenship ceremony Canada
I checked the website, it has the generic information on the top that says it depends on the venue. When i searched for city, for the specific date, it only gives me address, time and on open to public section it says yes. May be i can try to call the venue itself rather than calling CIC.

mimunakamuna

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I did my Oath last week online and my partner was in the background (far in the back) most of the time (not during registration, but potentially during oath) they didn't tell me that wasn't allowed and it's not written anywhere on the instructions they can't be on camera just that they can't be disruptive. Now I'm freaking out since I still haven't received the e certificate...any input on this?

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
following. I am a ways out but I'd need a sitter for my kids as if it's in-person, my husband would have to drive me. Unless you can bring a a few people.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I did my Oath last week online and my partner was in the background (far in the back) most of the time (not during registration, but potentially during oath) they didn't tell me that wasn't allowed and it's not written anywhere on the instructions they can't be on camera just that they can't be disruptive. Now I'm freaking out since I still haven't received the e certificate...any input on this?
aren't you over thinking ?