+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many photos

closer

Sep 2, 2009
Hi all,

I was just curious on how many "photos to prove your relationship" is enough? I have about 60 that I have already sorted and im thinking that it might be too many?!?

Thanks guys for you help...

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
60 sounds like a good number to me. That's just a little more than we had :)
If you feel it's too many, you can take some away, but I can tell you a lot of people send much more than that, so CIC will not think 60 is a lot ;) And even if they do... better too many than not enough.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
We sent about 100, 4 to a page, color photocopied. I think that's probably more than most people, but we had a 19 year relationship to document. lol

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
Hi

I`ve got a question in term or documents and proof of evidence.

1. When it comes to proof for msn conversation i have saved them all on my blackberry is it okay if the conversations are from my msn account

2. I usually call my spouse in UK via phone cards and home phone, she called a couple times through skype but the line isnt clear, so i end up calling. The phone records are in my parents name would that be a problem.

TJ

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
Give them what you have. Some phone records or some msn printouts might not be much on their own, but everything helps build a case to make it strong.

I printed out selected emails, and had about 150 developed photos. It might be a lot, but now we got them back and they're going in the album!

arnah

Aug 19, 2009
we sent out about 20 pictures only.like 10 from our wedding and 10 more about our vacation and out of town.

and i guess, wedding pictures are more important than ordinary out of town or vacation pics...

thought i might help.. =)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Well, not really. I'd say they're equally important. Wedding pictures show only one day. It's best if you have pictures from various occassions, trips you went on, family you visited... Shows you've been together for more than just the wedding day ;)

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
UK2TO said:
Hi

I`ve got a question in term or documents and proof of evidence.

1. When it comes to proof for msn conversation i have saved them all on my blackberry is it okay if the conversations are from my msn account

2. I usually call my spouse in UK via phone cards and home phone, she called a couple times through skype but the line isnt clear, so i end up calling. The phone records are in my parents name would that be a problem.

TJ
I sent them some MSN logs from different dates, months, years, just parts where they really see we were planning wedding and life together. I also did screenshot of deskop where I had all skype calls listed and durations of each call.

For cell phone calls I used detailed list of calls from every month. All lists are listed on my dad's name since he is "owner" of my cell phone number. They never asked for explanation, they saw I called to Canada.

We sent with application all greeting cards our family sent to us for birthdays, new year, etc. We lost a lot of photos because I had them on my computer ready to print them out, but my computer crashed. Thanks God we were goofs enough to send postcards from everywhere we've been. So we wrote an explanation that from certain parts we have visited we don't have a picture but we have proof - postcards.

We got approved without a problem.

How many photos?
I glued 2 pictures on each paper and I wrote explanation next to it. Who was on the picture, when it was taken, etc. I sorted them out with titles (Maja's first visit in Canada, 2nd visit, marriage, Trevor's first visit in Slovenia, second, third...).
It is not the question about how many photos as long as they are showing something to IO. If you know that person for 2 months and you send 500 photos there would be something weird going on. We had around 50 photos over 3 years.

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
We are going to have a civil marriage completed next month here in Canada, and my spouse is going to return to UK to work.....we are going to take pictures of the of the civil marriage, but we are planninng on having our family/religious wedding in July 2010.

I visited her and we had a engagement ceremony, and took pictures together of the stuff we did in UK. when she comes we plan on doing stuff and taking pictures...but no actually marraige except the civil. marraige. i have all emails, msn/google talk convo saved. i know this helps.

My main concern is not having an actual wedding yet except the civil does that affect our timing or approval?

thanks

TJ

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
UK2TO said:
We are going to have a civil marriage completed next month here in Canada, and my spouse is going to return to UK to work.....we are going to take pictures of the of the civil marriage, but we are planninng on having our family/religious wedding in July 2010.

I visited her and we had a engagement ceremony, and took pictures together of the stuff we did in UK. when she comes we plan on doing stuff and taking pictures...but no actually marraige except the civil. marraige. i have all emails, msn/google talk convo saved. i know this helps.

My main concern is not having an actual wedding yet except the civil does that affect our timing or approval?

thanks

TJ
No that won't affect approval.