+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many photos to include as proof of a genuine relationship?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
@egyptiantraveller I think many people who are senior forum users have been very kindly giving up their time to help others - and this topic comes up fairly often so I understand why they refer back to the checklist.

I think I understand what you are asking - and that is what other people might have done, that worked. When my husband and I were preparing the documents, we asked our lawyer, and they gave us a more detailed checklist. As other users mentioned, the immigration officers are very busy so they are asking for less.

Here is what we did: we created a powerpoint slide and squeezed 40 photos onto 20 pages (back and front) and colour printed them. We also included a text box with all the names, places, and people in the photo.

Hope this helps!
Again seems wasting your time, if they wanted more than 20 they would ask for them. 20 is more than enough to show evidence of a relationship. The main thing is to try have photos that show the evolution of a relationship, they don’t want to see all photos that are just selfies of the 2 of you, quality not quantity. For example we sent 3 or 4 from visits when we first met, 4 from our wedding, 7 or 8 from family occasions (Christmas, birthdays, christenings, weddings etc)with other family members in the photos with us, and a few from a vacation together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
so i'm checking the new checklist and now it says maximum of 10 pages for proof of contacts which is a combination of text messages emails or social media conversations. keyword is "or" am I being suckered here? i printed out like 100 pages of whatsapp text messages before. any helpful information?
It means that you can submit a total of 10 pages of all communication proofs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@egyptiantraveller I think many people who are senior forum users have been very kindly giving up their time to help others - and this topic comes up fairly often so I understand why they refer back to the checklist.

I think I understand what you are asking - and that is what other people might have done, that worked. When my husband and I were preparing the documents, we asked our lawyer, and they gave us a more detailed checklist. As other users mentioned, the immigration officers are very busy so they are asking for less.

Here is what we did: we created a powerpoint slide and squeezed 40 photos onto 20 pages (back and front) and colour printed them. We also included a text box with all the names, places, and people in the photo.

Hope this helps!
IRCC's checklist supercedes your lawyer's checklist. It is 20 pictures, not 20 pages.

Oct 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
AOR Received.
11-05-2018
File Transfer...
09-08-2018
Med's Request
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
16-10-2018
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
07-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2018
LANDED..........
13-01-2019

Hope this helps!
I already sent mine. good luck with yours

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The reason why IRCC now lists limits on number of photos and pages of communications proof is because people would go overboard and send in hundreds and hundreds of photos and pages of skype chat logs. It would overwhelm them and they would shred most of the chat logs without even looking at it. So it is best to stick to the rules. Find your 20 best photos and 10 best pages of chat. They want quality not quantity.

Reactions: Oldmacwright