+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how many pages is good for SOP?

sree charan

May 30, 2011
hey guys shall we limit our SOP for just 2 pages or even less to that.can any one suggest on this.i knew this is a very silly one but i dont want to take any chance.my sop ends with 2 full pages.how do a VO feel after seeing our 2 pages SOP?

thank u in advance.reply me guys.only few guys are considering newbie and the rest are just visiting the post .we being newbies really need ones help here and expect it.plz do reply.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
It has to be maximum 1 page, and 5 paragraphs
1- Introduction to your educational background and work experience
2- Why you selected your desired course, how will it help you in your education (if non-employed) or on job market / company (if employed)
3- Why you selected Canada as your primary country for education
4- Why you selected your college instead of 1000's other..
5- What makes you come back to your Home Country after completing your education..

That's it!

sree charan

May 30, 2011
thank u jigzyy very much. if u dont mind can i have ur email id so that i can send my sop to u.plz check it and advice me if there is anything to be changed.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
As far as I know, there is no page limit for SOP but as a rule of thumb, people suggest it to be within 1 and at max 2 pages. You have to be concise and to the point! Jigzyy already pointed out the points but there is another one and i.e. Why you did not select a less expensive college/university in your own country offering similar type of program. Don't over exaggerated anything because I am pretty sure that VOs never go through the whole thing, instead they just zoom through the lines and thus you want to highlight the things that will be helpful instead of making it all fancy and stuff.

Reactions: Maybellyne

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No page limit.But please narrow down to 1 or 2.

Put your points orderly and strongly thats it.

sam_libra

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2013
AOR Received.
May - 2013
File Transfer...
May - 2013
Med's Done....
March - 2013
Passport Req..
June - 2013
Highlight your main points or if any previous refusal explain it....maximum number of pages should be two...

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
sree charan said:
hey guys shall we limit our SOP for just 2 pages or even less to that.can any one suggest on this.i knew this is a very silly one but i dont want to take any chance.my sop ends with 2 full pages.how do a VO feel after seeing our 2 pages SOP?

thank u in advance.reply me guys.only few guys are considering newbie and the rest are just visiting the post .we being newbies really need ones help here and expect it.plz do reply.
When i got my student visa for Canada a year ago, i wrote an simple SOP defining my past educational background and why i will benefit from a canadian education..I think SOP is important but what is most important is your documents which you submit with your visa application. if your documents are not correct and your educational background is not relevant to the studies you are planning to puruse in Canada, even a good SOP wont get you a visa..So prepare the documents in correct order and fill out the application form very carefully and write a Original SOP in your language without using too much jargon and you should get your visa..Immigration officers never deny genuine applicants..

kkumark

Jun 26, 2011
Hello friends..
I have a problem plz solve :::
1. I am a graduate, completed B.Tech (information technology) in india ,,,i got offer letter for post secondary diploma ( 2 years diploma ) from sheridan college......but my prob is that post secondary diploma means it is low level to b.tech ...few consultants were saying if and only if I apply to the next level to my qualification ( eg: post graduate diploma or masters ) then only I can get visa......how far it is true and can I get visa with post secondary diploma as I am a b.tech holder ?

2. And I am planning to apply under SPP ...so what are the documents exactly required to submit to the embassy for SPP category ?

.plz brother....give me reply

sree charan

May 30, 2011
@icecool222

hey im really worried since there is a mismatch of my previous studies and the program im going for.

i have done my bachelors in electronics and instrumentation and going for information technology and web design program.

but after my B.E , i have done PGDCA(post graduate diploma on computer applications) for one year and then 3 months course on hardware and networking.would these courses help me in getting visa. or do i need to continue my worrry.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
sree charan said:
@ icecool222

hey im really worried since there is a mismatch of my previous studies and the program im going for.

i have done my bachelors in electronics and instrumentation and going for information technology and web design program.

but after my B.E , i have done PGDCA(post graduate diploma on computer applications) for one year and then 3 months course on hardware and networking.would these courses help me in getting visa. or do i need to continue my worrry.

You can do 2 things..1 is when your write you SOP include in your original words the main reason for why you think that this programme is btter for you and why have you decided to switch for this programme..It may be be many reasons such as the fact that you see more jobs in IT or computers are something that interest you but you never got a chance to actually step in that field...Be sure to include a concrete reason on the fact that you are switching between the programme. In the SOP tell clearly that you have done some of the IT courses adn you have developed a great interest in it....Make sure you list all the reason of you switching from programmes so the immigration officer is convienced while he is deciding on your application.

2nd thing you can do is to write a specific letter to the immigration officer and send it alongside with your SOP mentioning the clear and concrete facts on " why you actually have to switch from programmes" this letter should clearify all the doubts in the mind of the immigration officer and you have to clearly state why you think this course can benefit you more than the other one and you have to tell them about how you will be able to understand these new concepts in that case you can refer to some of your IT education..

hope i helped.

sree charan

May 30, 2011
@icecool222

thank u very much.u are really helpful.but my sop length ends with 2 pages.i dont think there wont be any affect if i give more space to explain the facts by adding one more page to my sop.what do u say?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
sree charan said:
@ icecool222

thank u very much.u are really helpful.but my sop length ends with 2 pages.i dont think there wont be any affect if i give more space to explain the facts by adding one more page to my sop.what do u say?
So yeah the best thing would be to write another letter and attach it with your SOP and tell them about course change and reasons and stuff..

kamy1

Apr 22, 2011
my visa was rejected for study mismatch and now i m again applying in general and this time my course is releavant to my previous studies.... last time it was all because my agent mislead me by saying that we hav short time so u take admsion in bussiness when u reach there i will get u transferred to your desired diploma. . Plzzzz help me on preparation of my SOP....can i mntion abt this in my SOP......plz help urgent as my file is complete nd jst SOP is left

dkalyan

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even i have applied through SPP for "Project Management" @ Centennial College for the May semester and my Study Permit had been rejected on d basis of study mismatch. I'm applying again now in d general category for a relevant course at d same college.
Plz help me out with my SOP, documentation and would there be an interview?