mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
If No then why this friend of us @Harry is saying that his friend has done the same thing and he got the GIC

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/join-asianstudent-bangladeshifor-all-canadian-uni-indian-pakistani-concordia-may-201-t138507.0.html

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
If No then why this friend of us @ Harry is saying that his friend has done the same thing and he got the GIC

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/join-asianstudent-bangladeshifor-all-canadian-uni-indian-pakistani-concordia-may-201-t138507.0.html
This is from official site. Look at their application guide(end of 6th page) than you will understand.
http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/common/pdf/ssgp-application-guide.pdf

Its up to you buddy.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
read the following link and you will get to know not what i say, he says or she says...

www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html

sarkris12

Aug 3, 2012
I got the account number on the 6th working day of application, and the certificate on the 7th day after transferring funds
after the 4th working day i had send an email to newaccount@scotiabank with a trimmed enquiry about my GIC certificate status.
i attached my original application, TT copy and used the trail mail

Sending them the TT Copy of your transaction after transaction is processed will help, at least it did in my case
And also, a friend of mine had his application delayed..on follow up he got the reply as to his documents were unclear!!

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
I recently got the response from Scotiabank GIC

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank. For all your queries please read the Application Guide carefully on our website at http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html

Please note : GIC applied using only the NEW APPLICATION FORM will be accepted (Please read the Application Guide carefully and follow the instructions before applying)

Sincerely,

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
I recently got the response from Scotiabank GIC

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank. For all your queries please read the Application Guide carefully on our website at http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html

Please note : GIC applied using only the NEW APPLICATION FORM will be accepted (Please read the Application Guide carefully and follow the instructions before applying)

Sincerely,

sahilchopra1

Aug 16, 2012
sabby2612 said:
Hello,

Greetings for the day!

As this is a new process, it is specified that if funds do not originate from the candidate's account, they will return the funds. Now, if someone has already done this and faced no issue, then you can try this.

@ Sahil Chopra, Have you got your GIC certificate after paying from your father's account?
yes sabby 22 ... i got my 'GIC' certificate yesterday.. going 2 apply visa in a couple of days... its 100 percent safe to transfer money from ur father account .... any question.... please let me know...

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
I got GIC certificate yesterday. it took around 6 working days.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sahil Chopra,

YOu must start a new thread to update other candidates as this wasn't clear earlier. this was a trial and error process. and as you have faced no issues, others can try the same method. Please share in a new thread " Purchased GIC from Father's account with no issues" this might help

sujeeth

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12th -2013
AOR Received.
june 13 th-2013
Med's Request
may 12th -2013
Med's Done....
may 13th-2013
Interview........
NO
VISA ISSUED...
june 25th
LANDED..........
aug 22
Did wire transfer on 18th march# waiting....

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sahil Chopra,

I need some information to assist another candidate. Could you share how did you do wire transfer? did you ask your bank to do it or did you do it online? the reason I am asking is as you did it from your father's account and it's confusion among a lot of people due to SPP GIC being a new process. Please share at the earliest.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Not only from fathers account but also from Loan account which would be owned by me and my father jointly

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Not yet... I will be applying for Loan in a couple of days and then might opt for GIC but want to confirm whether I can transfer money from that loan account or not

sahilchopra1

Aug 16, 2012
sabby2612 said:
@ Sahil Chopra,

I need some information to assist another candidate. Could you share how did you do wire transfer? did you ask your bank to do it or did you do it online? the reason I am asking is as you did it from your father's account and it's confusion among a lot of people due to SPP GIC being a new process. Please share at the earliest.
bruv u just go to bank and tell them that u want to transfer money in your scotia bank account for living expenses they will transfer the money.... that it... they just need that account number and some codes which u get in gic email. i did transfer from my fathers obc bank account.