+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many in the midst of the appeal process?

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
rjessome said:
Just to emphasize what canadianwoman said, an application for Judicial Review must prove that the VO and the IAD made in error in law to be successful. No new evidence can be introduced because it is not a de novo hearing like at the IAD. Also, you can NOT do a JR on your own. The Federal Court will not allow it. A lawyer IS required.
Hello Rjessome
on an earlier post you mention that you haven't seen any update on the AID site, or something, is there a website you look up for that?
I've heard they haven't given ADR hearings since last december have you heard that too?

Kind regards

robyng65

May 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2007
Interview........
January 2009
I am a longtime poster on the immigration.ca website for discussion forum both Islamabad timelines and Appeals threads. I am desperately seeking someone from the past who has gone through the full appeal or the judicial review and had their appeal allowed and file returned back to the visa office for reprocessing. We have been sent a letter now 6 months after winning it is three pages long asking for many documents and refilling forms, etc. We received a whole new file number. Did anyone else here get a new file number?

Married Sept 2007
Sponsorship approved Dec 2007
File sent to Islamabad Jan 2008
Interview Jan 2009
Refused as "non genuine marriage" March 2009
Applied to Appeal April 2009
ADR cancelled at last minute Oct 2009
Full hearing arranged for May 2010
Decision, Appeal Allowed June 2010
Judicial review requested by CIC July 2010
Decision from Federal Court, dismissal, Appeal Allowed October 2010
File back to Islamabad March 2011, AOR timeline 19 months
Refilled forms and sent documentary proof of ongoing and genuine relationship May 2011

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
felicity01 said:
Hello Rjessome
on an earlier post you mention that you haven't seen any update on the AID site, or something, is there a website you look up for that?
I've heard they haven't given ADR hearings since last december have you heard that too?

Kind regards
Hi,

This wasn't form the IAD website. It was from colleagues who do appeals. Sorry, I haven't heard any updates lately.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
rjessome said:
Hi,

This wasn't form the IAD website. It was from colleagues who do appeals. Sorry, I haven't heard any updates lately.
Thanks rjessome
I was looking for a timeline hint at Vancouver's office , thanks anyways

Solid

Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
March 24th, 2010
File Transfer...
Processing April 8, 2010
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Interview........
Completed May 9th , 2011
Passport Req..
05-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
To Everyone Here!

I really feel for you guys/girls. I hope all your appeals are accepted, and that you will be in the arms of your special someone soon! I am 7 days away from my spouses interview and cannot imagine what will happen if she gets refused! Reading the stories here really makes it hard to think positive. I hope you all find the strength inside to carry on!

** Mrs. Turan please update when you have a chance. I am cheering/hoping your appeal will be accepted!!! **

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thanks so much. I'm really hoping too. I will post what happens when I hear. It's been 2 weeks tomorrow since my appeal hearing. It can't be too much longer, I'm hoping...

robyng65

May 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2007
Interview........
January 2009
rjessome, I remember you from the other forum, why did everyone leave that forum and come over here, I have just recently found this. I believe we used to discuss our cases together on the other forum. When you won your appeal, did you get a new file number? We got a new file number and we are very confused.
My hubby just sent the forms for reprocessing after appeal. I hope they will move our case fast, but the timeline on this letter he received said 19 months. We have been married since 2007, how can they say we are not genuine.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robyng65 said:
rjessome, I remember you from the other forum, why did everyone leave that forum and come over here, I have just recently found this. I believe we used to discuss our cases together on the other forum. When you won your appeal, did you get a new file number? We got a new file number and we are very confused.
My hubby just sent the forms for reprocessing after appeal. I hope they will move our case fast, but the timeline on this letter he received said 19 months. We have been married since 2007, how can they say we are not genuine.
Hi,

I've never personally been through an appeal. I don't know what's going on with Isbad. I know you have a lawyer. See if he can request the file get transferred to the new office in Ottawa dealing with appeals. It might not work but it's worth a try. I think people left the other forum when it changed. This one is more active in general although the other forum did have a lot more info on appeals.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
felicity01 said:
Hello Rjessome

Kind regards
My lawyer recently told me that the ADR program is suspended until later this year. Maybe early fall, from what I remember.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
inlimbo said:
My lawyer recently told me that the ADR program is suspended until later this year. Maybe early fall, from what I remember.
Hello Inlimbo

OH wow, so I don't think that is good news thought....why is the ADR program suspended???? are they thinking about cancel it or something? geeeez
if the resume operations by early fall there will be all these ADR resquests that have been on hold since december.... I am really concerned with these news, our lawyer said that no ADR has been given since last december................ :'( :eek:

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Well I contacted my local MP about my case because it will be 1 month(April 19th) since my appeal hearing, and I was told the decision would be received by me in the mail. Anyways, she messaged me back a day later and told me that they had still not come to a decision and that would probably take 2 more weeks, but they would contact my MP's office before giving me the written decision. I think that's because the post office is going on strike. Anyways I feel hopeful that they have not decided yet, because they must be giving it some thought. Anyone else ever hear about such a long deliberation?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
When you read appeal cases, you sometimes see cases where the decision was made quite a while after the court hearing. I didn't get my decision until more than a month after the hearing, too.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Well I guess that makes me feel a little better (not much lol) hearing that it could take longer than a month. I just don't really know what to do with myself while I am waiting. Right now I am staying with my son and his wife and I really don't like stressing everyone out with my worries so I'm gonna look for a furnished place for a month until I can decide what to do. My husband and I talk almost everyday since I've been back in Canada but it's not easy. I miss him a lot more now that we have had 7 months together. I just feel really sad when I can't talk to him everyday because I'm working. And the time difference makes it hard to talk to him unless I have days off because he's always sleeping or at work when I am up waiting for him. I try to tell myself I am doing so awesome, it's all I can do.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
felicity01 said:
Hello Inlimbo

OH wow, so I don't think that is good news thought....why is the ADR program suspended???? are they thinking about cancel it or something? geeeez
if the resume operations by early fall there will be all these ADR resquests that have been on hold since december.... I am really concerned with these news, our lawyer said that no ADR has been given since last december................ :'( :eek:
I'm very concerned, too. I'm going to have to look into this news. Let me know if you find anything and vice versa...

needmyhushand

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Visa Office......
jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
File Transfer...
04/26/2011
Which country u were sponsoring from and what is the reason they gave if you dont mine and did they turn you down after canada approve you