+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many IELTS attempts did you have?

xhae101191

Apr 23, 2018
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if how many attempts in taking the IELTS exam did you have before getting your desired or passing score?
Please state if you took the exam with BC or IDP when you passed.

Thanks for sharing.

Pankaj Pundir

Mar 15, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
11 ! didn't ever thought to get some expert advise ?
12 Now. I have been to a coaching center once but that didn't helped either. I scored a 7 in writing in my first attempt without even understanding the structure of an essay or the letter. See my signature if you wants to knows what is irony called.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Two attempts with BC by now:
first attempt: LRWS 7, 7.5, 6.5, 7.5
second attempt: LRWS 8, 7.5, 6.5, 7

I have appeared in February last time, went for EOR as well but all in vain, I have prepare again for a reappearing.

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Kudos. That's an amazing score. Can you please share your method of prep for writing?
Honestly, I didn't practice at all for writing. I took a few online tests (free) for listening and reading though.

I just used expressive words and wrote mostly about my own personal experiences. Approximately 300 words for the letter and 600 words for the main essay. Hope that helps.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Honestly, I didn't practice at all for writing. I took a few online tests (free) for listening and reading though.

I just used expressive words and wrote mostly about my own personal experiences. Approximately 300 words for the letter and 600 words for the main essay. Hope that helps.
600 words?!! 300 words?!! You write 900 words on 400 word tasks and score an 8. So what happened to that advice which said never write extra as that will give them a chance to find mistakes? Let me guess, it was a computer based test?

You are not the first one. I have been hearing from a number of people scoring high on writing that they wrote well beyond the word limit. But what happened to the advice all IELTS teachers have been giving us? This is becoming more complex by the day.

I wrote 320 words on my last attempt but then deleted some sentences to bring it below 300. But that may have left my essay underdeveloped.

Last edited: