+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many hours for full-time work for CEC for EE eligibility?

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Even i contacted lot f lawyers they say only 1560 hours is needed for cec and if u r short of one or two weeks than that would b consider ok. After i contact CIC, they clearly said 52 weeks. So dont listen to such lawyers. Just follow simple rule book. 52 weeks and 1560 hours minimum thats it.

GTCEC

Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PK_11 said:
Even i contacted lot f lawyers they say only 1560 hours is needed for cec and if u r short of one or two weeks than that would b consider ok. After i contact CIC, they clearly said 52 weeks. So dont listen to such lawyers. Just follow simple rule book. 52 weeks and 1560 hours minimum thats it.
Exactly and I already decided to not go back to that stupid lawyer too. :mad:

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excuse me, what is meant by continuous full time work experience?!! what if i did 2 years in a workplace then before working under the same title in a different place for a year.. so will i be able to claim 3 years experience or the gap means that i have to claim just one of them?!!! thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
scylla said:
Here's how you need to perform the calculation for CEC:
1) Take all of the weeks where you worked 30 hours or more. Each of these weeks will count as one week of work for the purposes of CEC.
2) Take all of the weeks where you worked less than 30 hours. Add these hours together and then divide by 30. This will be the number of "full time equivalent" weeks you will get credit for under CEC.
3) The weeks calculated under 1) and the weeks calculated under 2) must add up to 52 weeks or more for you to qualify under CEC
FWIW, I agree 100% with scylla.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
White knight 22 said:
Excuse me, what is meant by continuous full time work experience?!! what if i did 2 years in a workplace then before working under the same title in a different place for a year.. so will i be able to claim 3 years experience or the gap means that i have to claim just one of them?!!! thanks
Continuous does mean no gap. You can count all three 3 years. But while CEC does not require that you have 1 year of continuous employment, EE appears to require that. Based on the info above, it seems like you have met those requirements.

GTCEC

Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Continuous does mean no gap. You can count all three 3 years. But while CEC does not require that you have 1 year of continuous employment, EE appears to require that. Based on the info above, it seems like you have met those requirements.
Yes, that is correct no gap so do the math that we suggest above to calculate. No gaps but if you have a gap you need to calculate hours and translate to 30 hours week and 1 year minimum cumulative experience for cec.

GTCEC

Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GTCEC said:
Yes, that is correct no gap so do the math that we suggest above to calculate. No gaps but if you have a gap you need to calculate hours and translate to 30 hours week and 1 year minimum cumulative experience for cec.
Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).
Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time employment

(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time employment consists of employment of at least 30 hours per week.

Work in excess

(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

GTCEC

Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
I posted a new thread with the question of continuous employment on CEC EE because I am not so sure that is correct and lets discuss.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
GTCEC said:
No gaps but if you have a gap you need to calculate hours and translate to 30 hours week and 1 year minimum cumulative experience for cec.
??? No... you only need to "calculate hours" if the work is part-time (less than 30 hours per week). Full-time work is that, just need to count the weeks from start to end date of each job.

cool90

Oct 11, 2015
Hello Jes_ON
I need your help to understand CEC eligibility of work

My case:
42 weeks full time work till April 7 and then Laid off (NOC B) - around 1700 hours as per my ROE
Starting new part time job from May 1 in same NOC- Around 20-25 hours per week.

How much i have to work more to be eligible and apply CEC.

Please guide.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
cool90 said:
Hello Jes_ON
I need your help to understand CEC eligibility of work

My case:
42 weeks full time work till April 7 and then Laid off (NOC B) - around 1700 hours as per my ROE
Starting new part time job from May 1 in same NOC- Around 20-25 hours per week.

How much i have to work more to be eligible and apply CEC.

Please guide.
You will have to work 10 more weeks, each week with 30 or more hours.

Reactions: Adanac11

cool90

Oct 11, 2015
Thank you for the response, But i think i will be only getting 20-25 hours every week.
What in this case now.

I think because I have already exceeded 1560 hours from my last job in 10 months

Now I just need to serve 2 months of work irrespective to hours.

After 2 months both conditions will be fulfilled, 52 weeks of employment and 1560 hours completed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool90 said:
Thank you for the response, But i think i will be only getting 20-25 hours every week.
What in this case now.

I think because I have already exceeded 1560 hours from my last job in 10 months

Now I just need to serve 2 months of work irrespective to hours.

After 2 months both conditions will be fulfilled, 52 weeks of employment and 1560 hours completed.
Not really.

Each week, in itself, must be at least 30 hours of work to qualify for 1 week of full time experience. If you worked for 6 months at 45 hour/week and the next 6 months at 15 hours/week, that is still just 9 months of Full time equivalent experience even though the number of hours worked would be 1560 during those 52 weeks. That's because you don't get extra credit for working more than 30 hours in a single week.

In this case, you'll need to work between 12 to 15 weeks of 25-20 hours/week to get the additional 10 weeks (300 hours) of full time equivalent experience.