08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
in a month
hi to all
please anyone would like to inform me for mbbs degree points its bachuler of medicine and bachuler for surgery.17 year any doc who points for mbbs evaluted by visa office.how much 20 or22?
thank.

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
why 20 points explain plz? and why not 22 points as i know that 17 years of education can clam 22 points

justchill1979

Dec 20, 2009
doc 777 and Drooza

Although this degree is equivalent to Bachelors (at least as per the title) but i think you should write a letter to visa office explaining why it should be more than 20 points. Remember, visa office considers each application separately but it is the applicant who has to proof why they are different and in case if your arguments are strong, i don't think visa officer will have much choice. In support of your argument, you can gather evidence, letter from governing bodies (medical) etc because common sense should prevail (there is ell of difference in ordinal bachelor degree and MBBS)

Comments invited..

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

justchill1979 said:
doc 777 and Drooza

Although this degree is equivalent to Bachelors (at least as per the title) but i think you should write a letter to visa office explaining why it should be more than 20 points. Remember, visa office considers each application separately but it is the applicant who has to proof why they are different and in case if your arguments are strong, i don't think visa officer will have much choice. In support of your argument, you can gather evidence, letter from governing bodies (medical) etc because common sense should prevail (there is ell of difference in ordinal bachelor degree and MBBS)

Comments invited..

Cheers

This is what CIC says.

"Note: Medical doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a
Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional” degree
and should be awarded 20 points
. If it is a second-level degree and if, for example, it belongs to a
Faculty of Graduate Studies, 25 points may be awarded. If a bachelor’s credential is a prerequisite to
the credential, but the credential itself is still considered a first-level degree, then 22 points would be
appropriate. It is important to refer to how the local authority responsible for educational institutions
recognizes the credential: i.e., as a first-level or second-level or higher university credential"

justchill1979

Dec 20, 2009
PMM

Perfect comments and makes sense to me. As i said, it is the applicant who has to proof why he thinks he should get more points and it should be backed by supporting documents such as decision of Higher Education Commission, Medical College Board etc.

best of luck

Justchill