+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many days can I return after a previous overstay ??

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
Last year I overstayed for 116 days due to my own stupidity of not keeping up with what was going on with my visa. I left voluntarily and have been out of the country for over 1 year.

I want to go back to Canada to visit my boyfriend I was planning on going for 25 days in so I can stay for his birthday, and we want to visit Montreal for a convention with his friends so it would take my stay up to 28 days, maybe 30 depending on the plans I would be meeting his sister for the first time also Is this too much to ask, too many days? I'm very scared to be turned away.

I will have my return ticket and an email from my school about our graduation date which would be in September, I plan to be in Canada from July 22nd to August 19th (28 days).

I know it's up to the officer at the POE but I want to maximize my chances and kind of know what I should expect.

I know I've made a mistake, I've learned.

Thank you!

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Last year I overstayed for 116 days due to my own stupidity of not keeping up with what was going on with my visa. I left voluntarily and have been out of the country for over 1 year.

I want to go back to Canada to visit my boyfriend I was planning on going for 25 days in so I can stay for his birthday, and we want to visit Montreal for a convention with his friends so it would take my stay up to 28 days, maybe 30 depending on the plans I would be meeting his sister for the first time also Is this too much to ask, too many days? I'm very scared to be turned away.

I will have my return ticket and an email from my school about our graduation date which would be in September, I plan to be in Canada from July 22nd to April 19th (28 days).

I know it's up to the officer at the POE but I want to maximize my chances and kind of know what I should expect.

I know I've made a mistake, I've learned.

Thank you!
I think that you have your "from" and "to" dates reversed :)

After being out for a year, your chances are unlikely to improve much more. You will just have to try.