+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How longe the new work permits system will take

lawa

Jan 23, 2019
Hey all

I submited my documents last week as asylum seekers and found eligible but they told me as a new procedure is in place your work permit will be submitted automatically if you ask for it in schedule 12 form, did any one elase had this too and how longe it take untill i get it?

Reactions: Moe_C

Moe_C

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hey all

I submited my documents last week as asylum seekers and found eligible but they told me as a new procedure is in place your work permit will be submitted automatically if you ask for it in schedule 12 form, did any one elase had this too and how longe it take untill i get it?
I'm in the same situation, I was found eligible and the officer told me the same. I'm not really sure what to do, I already did the medical exam. I guess I will call them to check.

Edit: Also can you check this link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
whenever i put my info it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"
is it the same for you?

Last edited:

lawa

Jan 23, 2019
Roughly 6 weeks from the day medical is passed.
so it will not be counted as a paper based? because I heard that It will take longer time if you apply on paper base.
one more question what will happen if I apply for the work permit online too, do you think that I will have any problem if I did so?

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Did you find an answer?

I am in the same situation and I checked both the study and work permits in the forms when I applied for a refugee claim.

I tried to call IRCC but I can't reach them and even I can't find this choice in the webform choices list.

Any help, please ?

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
in same situation l phoned ircc call center and they said they received my medicals on the 29th march, and they could see the work permit application in their system, they said it can take 2 weeks to 30 days for the work permit to be mailed.

lawa

Jan 23, 2019
In my case my application didn’t go through as i called IRCC thats why I applied online and got it after 30 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What are the pre-requisites for asylum seekers.
You have to prove that your life is in danger. If you apply and get denied or withdraw there will be longterm repercussion on your ability to travel to many countries. It is not a way to extend a travel visa.