Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I don't think there is any choice - if your wife is living in Ecuador, it goes to Bogota.
Your application will probably be processed faster if it is a straightforward application and you include a lot of proof your relationship is genuine. If the proof of a genuine relationship is sufficient, they may not require an interview, which will speed up the process.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Unfortunately, I was mistaken, Bogotá is responsible for Colombia and Ecuador, so I think you have to go through them. I expect that Colombians may take longer. Colombia seems to have a bad reputation for drug crimes and such. If you have a straightforward case, you may be one of the 30% of cases that are processed in less than 12 months.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
don't think there is any choice - if your wife is living in Ecuador, it goes to Bogota.
Your application will probably be processed faster if it is a straightforward application and you include a lot of proof your relationship is genuine. If the proof of a genuine relationship is sufficient, they may not require an interview, which will speed up the process.
Does it help to prove that our relationship is real, because we have a 2 year old son and that we got married threw the church?; this was after the civil marriage which is recognized by both governments?
I have a few pics, but we are not much of picture takers, so I don't have many pictures of our outings when we were dating. We do have pictures during our civil marriage and on ward. When we were only dating the way we used to communicate was threw calling cards only, so I don't really have proof of contact. I do have my old passports and a few plane tickets. What are the MAIN things I can send as proof of our real relationship?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
A child together is not considered 100% proof your marriage is genuine - but it certainly helps. The visa office may want a DNA test to prove paternity - wait until they ask for it, as they may not and it is expensive, plus there are certain labs they insist you use.
A church wedding or not usually doesn't make any difference. I've seen cases where they questioned the marriage when the couple was very religious but didn't have a church wedding. In any case, include evidence of your wedding - both the church one and the civil one - and the reception. This includes photos, but also things like a wedding invitation, a copy of the guest list, a list of gifts received, receipts for the reception, etc.

Proof your relationship is genuine can include: photos from the beginning of your relationship until now. Ideally get some photos that are candid shots of you two, not just posed shots. Photos of either or both of you with each other's family; photos with friends; photos of trips you've taken together; and of course wedding and honeymoon photos.

Proof of contact: phone cards are not considered good contact. If you've kept them all (doubtful, I know), you can photocopy them, and include them with a letter explaining you use phone cards because they're so much cheaper. If you don't have any other phone records, and didn't keep the cards, at least explain in a letter.
If you use Skype you can get a printout of your call log; if you use some instant messenging services, you can get a printout of your call log. Emails: print out a screen shot of your and her inbox showing all the emails to each other, then print out a selection of the emails.
Any letters or cards you sent each other are good. Ideally also include the envelope so they can see when it was sent.

Proof of contact - visits: Show your tickets, boarding passes, and visa and entry and exit stamps in your passport for trips you took to see each other and trips you took together.
You're visiting her now in Ecuador - actually living with her. Show any proof of cohabitation you have. Both your names on a lease or the utility bills, a letter from the landlord stating you are living together, or similar letters from friends and relatives.

Proof of intermingled finances: If you have a joint bank account with her, show evidence of that. Evidence she is listed as a beneficiary on a will or insurance is good. Receipts for joint purchases for the home are good. Any support you have given her should be included - money transfers, Western Union receipts, money for the child, etc.

Proof of gifts: Show receipts for gifts you have given each other, and photos of the gifts.

You can also get friends and family to write letters of support. These can be affidavits, letters, or emails. They should state how they know you/your wife, when they met your spouse, what kinds of things they have done with you, and why they think your relationship is genuine.

There are several threads that talk about how to prove your relationship is genuine. I suggest you search bobshynoswife - her posts about relationship proof are very good.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I will check that post from bobshynoswife about how to prove that my relationship is genuine.

I have one question: can I avoid getting the application process done in Bogotá by sending my "outland" completed applications forms to my brother in Canada and get him to mail it for me from there?

If I send it directly from Ecuador it will go to Bogotá, but if the "outland" application forms are sent from within Canada then it could be sent to directly to Mississauga?

I will wait for your response Canadianwoman

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Regardless of where an outland application is processed, you have to send it to Mississauga who then forwards it to the appropriate office once they've processed the sponsorship part. It makes no difference at all where it's mailed from.

If it's possible to process it in Peru, your wife would have to have legal status in Peru, because there's a possibility that she would have to attend an interview there, but the same goes for Colombia. Probably Peru is not possible unless she had a work permit or visa for Peru. I'm not sure if Peru requires any kind of visa for Ecuadorians. It's probably not possible becuase Bogotá is more familiar with Ecuadorian documents.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Carlo said:
I have one question: can I avoid getting the application process done in Bogotá by sending my "outland" completed applications forms to my brother in Canada and get him to mail it for me from there?

If I send it directly from Ecuador it will go to Bogotá, but if the "outland" application forms are sent from within Canada then it could be sent to directly to Mississauga?
No. When you send your 'outland' forms in, you send them to Mississauga. Whether you send them from Ecuador, or your brother sends them from his home in Canada, they still have to go to Mississauga. They are checked in Mississauga, and then they send them to the appropriate visa post.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Since that visa office is so slow, could you could consider moving to Canada and then applying inland? Keep in mind that if you do apply inland, you can't appeal if you are turned down! However, your wife could get an open work permit after about 6 months and could live and work with you in Canada. However, she would NOT be able to leave Canada with the visa application in process.

Also, you could have trouble getting her a visitor's visa since you are married and they may not think that she will return to the home country.. but it is an option you can look at.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank you for your answer sbwv09 I will keep that in mind :)

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
Don't be so affraid about the time line of bogota... is from the last years of processing...

My colombian wife and i are just finishing the process, she receive her visa in 8 months and 1 week.

Bogota have a so a slow timeline from the last 2 years that they add 2 more visa officer in the month of march and they process now more fast that you can see in the CIC web site, wait the new update of the CIC web site and you will see it will go down.

We have a straitforward application, no marriage before, no children, a civil marriage... LOT of picture together in colombia... no interview... my wife receive AOR from Bogota, in the beginning, we wait 7 months, and she receive the PPR, and the passport back 1 months after... this was the only contact we receive from the embassy.

Go see trackitt.com for more timeline !!!

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hello Yullover! :)

Don't be so affraid about the time line of bogota... is from the last years of processing...

My colombian wife and i are just finishing the process, she receive her visa in 8 months and 1 week.

Bogota have a so a slow timeline from the last 2 years that they add 2 more visa officer in the month of march and they process now more fast that you can see in the CIC web site, wait the new update of the CIC web site and you will see it will go down.

We have a straitforward application, no marriage before, no children, a civil marriage... LOT of picture together in colombia... no interview... my wife receive AOR from Bogota, in the beginning, we wait 7 months, and she receive the PPR, and the passport back 1 months after... this was the only contact we receive from the embassy.
Thank you for sharing your experience, this new information will surly help calm my nerves.

I have one child, but he is a Canadian citizen. Do you mean no children who are not Canadian citizens or child from another marriage?
Did you fill out what you had to fill out in the application forms or did you extend some answers for example: when you had to describe in one section of the applications about your first date, development of the relationship???

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
Hi Carlos...

We don't have any child from previous relationship or from our relation... so it's help.

Yes, for exemple, when we fill the application, in lot of case, we doesnt have enough space in the form so we add a paper with in the top, the name of the applicant, the number of the form and the question...