+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will my PGWP likely be valid for?

Sep 1, 2020
Hello!
I recently applied for my PGWP from outside Canada, and saw on the CIC website that the estimated time for processing is close to 5 months.

I graduated in August 2020, and I've completed a one year postgraduate program. So technically, I am eligible for a PGWP that is valid for one year.

Going by the estimate on the website, will my PGWP likely be valid for one year from the date it is approved (for example, sometime in March 2021 to March 2022), or will it cut out the 5 months that it takes for processing and be valid only for 7-8 months (March 2021 to maybe November 2021)?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

rajatrurka

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!
I recently applied for my PGWP from outside Canada, and saw on the CIC website that the estimated time for processing is close to 5 months.

I graduated in August 2020, and I've completed a one year postgraduate program. So technically, I am eligible for a PGWP that is valid for one year.

Going by the estimate on the website, will my PGWP likely be valid for one year from the date it is approved (for example, sometime in March 2021 to March 2022), or will it cut out the 5 months that it takes for processing and be valid only for 7-8 months (March 2021 to maybe November 2021)?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)
Hi,
It will be valid for one year from date of approval. It doesn’t matter how long they take for processing it.
Let’s say you get approved on November 1 2020, it should be valid upto November 1,2021

Good luck