+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will it take to add a newborn to wife's(PA) to application

Justin Suarez

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
i am a canadian citizen sponsoring my wife in the philippines. She is due on february 2019, if she gives birth there, how long will it take to add the newborn to our application?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

if the sponsor is a Canadian citizen....and the newborn is a Canadian citizen....you only update IMM5406 and it does not affect processing time.

application for proof of citizenship for newborn is a separate application and processing.

will advice you inform IRCC immediately baby is born as the applicant family composition has changed.

Justin Suarez

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

if the sponsor is a Canadian citizen....and the newborn is a Canadian citizen....you only update IMM5406 and it does not affect processing time.

application for proof of citizenship for newborn is a separate application and processing.

will advice you inform IRCC immediately baby is born as the applicant family composition has changed.
So i update IMM5406, upload it on our account online. Should we wait for their reply before applying yhe child's citizenship? I'm a citizen.
Hoe long will the citizenship for the child take?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

update IMM5406 and send through IRCC webform to your visa office......you don't have to wait......inform IRCC of newborn and apply for proof of citizenship same time, they are separate......proof of citizenship application through visa office abroad could take 2 to 6 months, or more...depends on the office.