+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will it take for Lmia approval after employer received a call

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi.

My employer already applied for my Lmia for Food Service Supervisor First week of December. May I know how long will it take for the result after my Employer received the call interview from them?

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
Hi.

My employer already applied for my Lmia for Food Service Supervisor First week of December. May I know how long will it take for the result after my Employer received the call interview from them?
One week, employer should receive the aporoval letter

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
One week, employer should receive the aporoval letter
thank you for your helpful reply.
My employer got the interview call but they didn't mentioned to him if it's approve or not. My consultant told me that it must have been approved as they will tell him right away if it's refused plus the fact that during the past years he already got 2 positive lmia from his restaurant. I just hope the result of lmia come within februrary.

thank you

Merrymerry

Jul 1, 2019
Hi.

I’m also wondering how long it takes for the government to send the approval letter after the interview. Did you u got yours?

rnaik

Aug 19, 2019
Hi my employer has already applied for LMIA in March 2019 as hotel receptionist. Another how many months it will take for positive LMIA

MusicCana

Oct 21, 2020
I’m also wondering how long it takes for the government to send the approval letter after the interview. Did you u got yours?
Hi! I'm also waiting for an approval after an interview that went well. We've been waiting for more than a month now. How long did it take in your case?

MusicCana

Oct 21, 2020
Which province?
I'm in Vancouver, BC, and I've been working for the company that has applied for an LMIA for me for a year on a visa already. We started the whole process beginning of May, including advertising etc, everything with an immigration consultant. Work permit extension application.

The final Interview was on September 30 and it went well, the ESDC officer that did the interview said we seem to meet all the criteria and asked for two additional documents which had been sent in the next day. He also mentioned we'd get an answer probably next week. (In that interview on Sept 30)

Now it's a months later and we haven't heard back and I am worried again.

So how long does it usually take after a (supposedly) positive interview for the decision to come?

Dikshitchadda

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Mostly it take only a week or two week to received a decision from ESDC, but I have seen so much of cases in which employers are waiting for 1 month or 2 month for getting decision (Positive LMIA)
Don't need to worry, no body can't judge the time. I have a friend who just received LMIA in just 24 days( date of filing to LMIA received).
One thing you can do is your employer or you can ESDC call center and ask them about your case. You have to get a business number (Associate with CRA ) from the employer because they will ask it from you and they will tell you everything about your case.

MusicCana

Oct 21, 2020
Mostly it take only a week or two week to received a decision from ESDC, but I have seen so much of cases in which employers are waiting for 1 month or 2 month for getting decision (Positive LMIA)
Don't need to worry, no body can't judge the time. I have a friend who just received LMIA in just 24 days( date of filing to LMIA received).
One thing you can do is your employer or you can ESDC call center and ask them about your case. You have to get a business number (Associate with CRA ) from the employer because they will ask it from you and they will tell you everything about your case.
Thanks so much for your helpful and thorough answer!