+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long until I receive letter from CIC after getting my csq (spouse sponsorship)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey!
If I had money for a lawyer I wouldnt be in such a rush getting my PR before the tuition deadline haha

We applied on February 2020
I came here with a study permit so I can study here for sure while waiting for my PR :)
Found below, see if this helps and applies to your situation
The following is from MIFI website regarding foreign students who have obtained CSQ through regular program in Quebec:

"The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ was issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon completion of your study program. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future."

Here's a link to the webpage:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html#studies

Based on this you shouldn't start a new program of study soon after you obtain your CSQ, even though you've obtained it through the regular program. It is very likely that your CSQ will be revoked as soon as you apply for CAQ. MIDI has been acting very wierdly these days. They are being very harsh in cases where they feel applicants are misuing any loopholes, such as moving out of Quebec while waiting for PR, going to language schools which have lower standard of passing for French courses, etc. I personally wouldn't risk it.. and there are recently some cases on this forum reporting revoked CSQs for various reasons that were pretty within norm, say a year ago. I've also heard of someone almost losing her PR Visa (yes, the visa!) at the border because she had taken up a temporary position in Toronto right before she decided to land at QC-US border.

Link to thread -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/apply-study-permit-with-csq.548677/

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
This is so so helpful!
Thank you for telling me about the letter, it feels like the university itself didnt know what letter it is.
I applied on February 2020,
4 months is not too bad, and I am hoping that since I dont need to give my biometrics (as I already gave them for my study permit), the process will be quicker.

And last thing, did you send them your CSQ even though it says you dont need to? I saw some posts saying they did anyways to prevent any delays.
Thank you for your reply!
Most welcome! Yes, I did. As soon as we received it in the mail, we sent it to them via WebForm. Shortly after, I think they sent an email to confirm that they received it. You can also call the customer service line and they will confirm it was received by the CPC. I know MIFI says they will and I think they do send it to IRCC, but I read cases where the CSQ was not received and it further delayed the application. So send it just to be on the safe side.

Regarding the AIP, just bear in mind that on the tracker, I still see many August, September and October applicants who have yet to receive AIP. It may also be that they haven't filled the tracker. I noticed that they don't necessarily go in order so, we never know, it might work in your favour!

They have increased the number of agents by 66% so let's hope it's gonna speed up the process and you will get AIP soon.

By the way, are you following the timeline tracker (2020) and the thread for February 2020 inland applicants? You can also check the 2019 tracker as it might be a great help; there is a Quebec tab so it can give an idea of how far or fast they are going. Best of luck!!

Nadik

Nov 19, 2019
Most welcome! Yes, I did. As soon as we received it in the mail, we sent it to them via WebForm. Shortly after, I think they sent an email to confirm that they received it. You can also call the customer service line and they will confirm it was received by the CPC. I know MIFI says they will and I think they do send it to IRCC, but I read cases where the CSQ was not received and it further delayed the application. So send it just to be on the safe side.

Regarding the AIP, just bear in mind that on the tracker, I still see many August, September and October applicants who have yet to receive AIP. It may also be that they haven't filled the tracker. I noticed that they don't necessarily go in order so, we never know, it might work in your favour!

They have increased the number of agents by 66% so let's hope it's gonna speed up the process and you will get AIP soon.

By the way, are you following the timeline tracker (2020) and the thread for February 2020 inland applicants? You can also check the 2019 tracker as it might be a great help; there is a Quebec tab so it can give an idea of how far or fast they are going. Best of luck!!
Oh, I didnt even know there is a tracker! Thank you I will check it right away!!
My online application went from 71% to 72% today so Im choosing to believe they are handling my file right now:D gotta stay optimistic!

Last edited:

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Oh, I didnt even know there is a tracker! Thank you I will check it right away!!
My online application went from 71% to 72% today so Im choosing to believe they are handling my file right now:D gotta stay optimistic!
Yes, check in the Family Sponsorship thread. As for the percentage, it's not an indication that they are working on the file but just to let you know when your application will reach 12 months since it was received. When we reached 12 months, they had not started working on our application.

Edit.

February 2020 inland
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2020-inland-sponsorship.676386/

February 2020 Outland

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2020-spousal-sponsorship-outland.676317/

Bear in mind that non-Quenec applicants from the same month will start getting DM faster than you. You might want to check Quebec thread to see how far the timelines go. The 2019 tracker has a Quebec tab.

2019 Quebec inland applicants
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2019-quebec-inland-spouse-common-law-sponsorship-applicants-only.639890/page-73#post-8963414

2020 Quebec inland applicants
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-2020-inland-spousal-sponsorship-owp.702488/

Last edited:

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

Family Sponsorship(Spouse).

I'm a principal applicant who applied under family class sponsorship in September 2020. Recently my husband received a mail regarding the application number and UCI number. Currently the application status is in process, so my question is what will be processing time once after your application number is generated? Any idea, till which month CIC has completed the request for family sponsorship?

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm a principal applicant who applied under family class sponsorship in September 2020. Recently my husband received a mail regarding the application number and UCI number. Currently the application status is in process, so my question is what will be processing time once after your application number is generated? Any idea, till which month CIC has completed the request for family sponsorship?

Nadik

Nov 19, 2019
Hello,

Hey! We applied on February-11-2020 and I got my confirmation of permanent residency on 15-February-2021.
The entire process is about a year from the moment they received your application, not from the moment your husband gets his UCI
So I would say you will get your confirmation of permanent residency in September 2021 (provided everything is ok with the application)

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
My knowledge is quite limited in case of spousal Speed Test sponsorships. I hope someone who's in a similar situation as you can answer you knowledgeably.

Last edited: