+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long until final descision

Josh2k

Jul 1, 2017
Hi, me again.
For those who knows, our situation is complicated but i grew tired of it...
My wife applied for the permanent residence back in 2015 (H&C)
Anyway, in july 11th, they sent her a letter for additional documents but she still had to send another crucial document since I think june 28th (police certificate).
To avoid any misunderstanding, I know she won't get it because the one they ask, somehow she can not get it but other got it...
In early july - late june, an immigration officer called her about that document telling her she will help her get it because she can get it. She called back and left her a voicemail saying she will do everything she can to get it.
It was in late june.
I guess she had some deadline from the previous letter but did not receive a letter granting her a deadline extension. Then on july 11th, got a letter requesting another document and got 30 days to submit it (so until august 11th). So my guess is that the PCC deadline is tied to that new deadline. Now august 16th and still no PCC and even if she gets one in the future, it won't be accepted because the CIC ask for the one made with the police and not the tribunal.

So my question is how long until we hear from them either requesting the document for a last time or simply reject the application?
Keep in mind that this PCC thing started in march when they first requested it, then gave her a new deadline until april 28th.
The thing is that I grew tired of it, I just want it to be over good or bad I just want it to be over.
Timeline :

- March 2017 => Asked for PCC and FBI for march 28th.

- March 16th 207 => Granted extension for the haitian PCC until april 28th.

- April 20th 2017 => Haitian "certficate de bonne vie et moeurs" and sent it.

- Early may 2017 => Got the FBI and mailed it.

- Early june 2017 => got a phone call from the CIC telling her she could add me to her application which she did.

- June 28th 2017 => Got a letter saying the haitian document is not valid and she needs to get the police one and explaining how to get it. She sent an letter saying she could not get it.

- Early july 2017 => Got a phone call from the CIC, the agent old her she can not proceed without the PCC and the agent will help her get it because other got it. She called the agent back and left a voice mail saying she will do everything to get it... But no reply from the agent since then.

- July 11th 2017 => Got a letter for sponsorship for me to send before August 11th 2017.

- Today august 16th 2017 => The deadline for the sponsorship letter passed and the PCC still not submitted.

So how long until they contact her or simply move on with the application?
By the way, I think they did their best to help in her application but that PCC is missing

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No one here is going to be able to answer your question and you've received plenty of replies to your many previous posts. Your situation is extremely unusual. First of all, we don't see that many H&C applications here to begin with and it's always difficult to guess timelines. Secondly, I can't think of any time when someone decided they just couldn't be bothered to go to the trouble of obtaining a required PCC (which we all know can in fact be obtained). My best guess is that you still have several months to wait before you have an official decision. But honestly - who knows. No one here is going to be able to tell you that.

Reactions: Josh2k

Josh2k

Jul 1, 2017
No one here is going to be able to answer your question and you've received plenty of replies to your many previous posts. Your situation is extremely unusual. First of all, we don't see that many H&C applications here to begin with and it's always difficult to guess timelines. Secondly, I can't think of any time when someone decided they just couldn't be bothered to go to the trouble of obtaining a required PCC (which we all know can in fact be obtained). My best guess is that you still have several months to wait before you have an official decision. But honestly - who knows. No one here is going to be able to tell you that.
So when they say "send document X before 30 days of let say 21 September 2010" basically you still can pass the deadline by 1 or two months and they will still consider?

Josh2k

Jul 1, 2017
And to be honest with you, I do not want that residency anymore

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So when they say "send document X before 30 days of let say 21 September 2010" basically you still can pass the deadline by 1 or two months and they will still consider?
No - it's not that. It's that CIC has paperwork to do after the deadline passes. So you need to give them a few months after the deadline passes to complete their internal processes and arrive at an opinion.

Josh2k

Jul 1, 2017
No - it's not that. It's that CIC has paperwork to do after the deadline passes. So you need to give them a few months after the deadline passes to complete their internal processes and arrive at an opinion.
Thank you very much for all your replies. I apology if I sound harsh or insisting. your responses are highly valuable and can help other people in the future who might be in that situation.
So basically, the deadline for the last document was august 11th but the PCC who was asked months ago is still missing, so your guess is that they are more than likely processing it with what they got in hand? Like they will send the application like it is in the next stage or will they simply return it in a few months for being incomplete?
And no matter what we send, let say in September, will be no use right?