how long to wait to receive a feedback about a webform

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Country - Sri Lanka
Application - 24-Oct-20
Bio - 28-Oct-20
After that no update.
Web form - 06-Jan-21 (Processing time came down from 10 weeks to 04 weeks, so I raised a web form asking for an update on my application)
Reply from Embassy - 07-Jan-21 (Reply -> "Medical instructions were sent to you on 29th October 2020. Please confirm if you have completed the medicals")
Replied on the same date pointing out the fact that I gave my Medical upfront and sent it again.
BVL & PPR - 08-Jan-21
This is the perfect timeline for study permit processing. Congratulations! But, it depends on the country I guess. May I know where your application was processed, I mean which location?

Reactions: MVINOTH005

MVINOTH005

Nov 26, 2020
This is the perfect timeline for study permit processing. Congratulations! But, it depends on the country I guess. May I know where your application was processed, I mean which location?
I am a Sri Lankan, and the application was processed by Colombo High Commission. What I feel is, that the weeks displayed in the web is just a rough estimation. There are approvals given within 04 weeks during December, where the web said 11 Weeks for Colombo. So I waited patiently, but when it got updated in Jan, it turned to 04 weeks. So I raised the webform, and mentioned that too.. ;)

Reactions: Naresh_PlantSci

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
I am a Sri Lankan, and the application was processed by Colombo High Commission. What I feel is, that the weeks displayed in the web is just a rough estimation. There are approvals given within 04 weeks during December, where the web said 11 Weeks for Colombo. So I waited patiently, but when it got updated in Jan, it turned to 04 weeks. So I raised the webform, and mentioned that too.. ;)
That sounds nice, and you are lucky enough to have processing time estimation of 4 weeks. This should be the case elsewhere where the study permits are processed. Yes, patience is the key here. However, there are many people still waiting in India including me for a decision. You can imagine how hard it is process visa, as the applications are received much larger than any other countries. I have been also telling people that processing time are not correct and it might change. Your case is an example for that. I hope situation do change in India and pending application will be processed soon. I wish you good luck with your studies in Canada.

Reactions: MVINOTH005

1baba1

Jan 6, 2021
need help!!
here is my timeline
I applied on April 19,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 28,2020
Medical request on October 14, 2020
Medical done on October 24, 2020
No updates till now...

What do I have to say if I want to contact IRCC about my recently application status??????
And I will contact them through the embassy email address not IRCC webform because now a days they don't response webforms.

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
need help!!
here is my timeline
I applied on April 19,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 28,2020
Medical request on October 14, 2020
Medical done on October 24, 2020
No updates till now...

What do I have to say if I want to contact IRCC about my recently application status??????
And I will contact them through the embassy email address not IRCC webform because now a days they don't response webforms.
did you order GCMS Notes ?

Feb 12, 2022
Hi there,

When I was doing my online visa application I uploaded my family form twice instead of client information.

Therefore I have launched a Webform with an attachment of my client information. My Client information contain important documents such as Ielts score, SOP, Alevels Results etc. I am very tensed whether I will get Visa rejection for my silly mistake.

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hello guys!
I am from Afghanistan and applied for my Study Permit on 18 April, 2023.
I gave my biometrics on 27 April, 2023 in Canada VAC in Islamabad. On the same date I gave my biometrics, I received an email from VFS global saying they are dispatching my biometric info to IRCC office in Islamabad. But still the bio statue hasn't been updated on my GCKey account and it says "Your action is required".

I contacted the VAC, they say they can't assist me in this regard. They gave me the email address of the IRCC office. I emailed them but no reply as of now.

I wonder how long it takes for biometrics to be updated on GCKey account.?

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
2 days for me
Thanks for your answer. Mine got updated two weeks later. And after that update, my statue was updated into "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
How long does eligibility review take and is the medical request the next step if there is no problem with meeting the eligibility requirements?

At what stage is your study permit application?

Thanks

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Thanks for your answer. Mine got updated two weeks later. And after that update, my statue was updated into "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
How long does eligibility review take and is the medical request the next step if there is no problem with meeting the eligibility requirements?

At what stage is your study permit application?

Thanks
It took 1 day to get the medical request and for the eligibility review to be completed (I can only see it completed in the Application Status Tracker). I've been on the medical exam on 24th May, no updates since then. And yes, the medical request is the next step if there is no problem with meeting the eligibility requirements.

Reactions: MTA4142

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
It took 1 day to get the medical request and for the eligibility review to be completed (I can only see it completed in the Application Status Tracker). I've been on the medical exam on 24th May, no updates since then. And yes, the medical request is the next step if there is no problem with meeting the eligibility requirements.
Thank you in advance for your answer. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Lolan