+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long to process ETA's after documents are submitted ?

Littleweed

Jul 9, 2016
My family and I are due to travel in four weeks time , when we booked our flights online we didn't know about ETA's .We filled them out three weeks ago and mine and our daughters were accepted by the next day but my husband needed to submit extra documents due to having criminal record from youth (over twenty years ago) . He submitted extra documents but we still have heard nothing. His police certificate came back esponged record as crime was committed so very long ago in youth. He had good referee and extra documents but over a week since all submitted and still no email , the whole situation is worrying as my husband's parents are now Canadian citizen's whom we have visited numerous times before but now his mother is terminally ill with cancer and we cannot even contact anyone to resolve this situation ? Any one have any knowledge or advice ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Unfortunate you did not see that ETA not required until September 29th and now you are in the system. There is no way to determine how long will take could be a week could be weeks and will suddenly appear in an email. Others on here and other forums have simply travelled without given the fact not needed until Sept 29th despite what the airline websites say, only the official government site is valid.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Unfortunately, there is no timeline. I know a German citizen who has his eTA pending since March, because he was asked to submit extra documents.